google inbox invite community?

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Google Inbox

I can't seem to get an invite to this app. Want to use it and need to figure out if it good for some people at work.

Google hasn't sent out an invite to me yet and 5 other people I know have fallen through with providing me an invite.

Anyone here willing to send one my way?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Google Inbox: Are you still using it?

I just wanted to get some input from you guys. I, like many of you, signed up for Inbox and got my invite. Well, I set it up, and while I like the idea behind it, I found that setting up notifications was a PITA, but when I finally realized that there is just no way to quickly delete an e-mail without opening (unlike GMail, the only option available for Inbox is ARCHIVE, not DELETE) it quickly became a no-no for me.

That and the fact that Android Wear implementation seems to be worse than GMail (at least on the Moto 360 the only Reply option is REPLY ALL...weird) is really driving me away from it.

Anyone else on the same boat or are you enjoy it? If the latter, maybe give me a few pointers as to what it is that you're enjoying? Maybe I'm overlooking something.

bstein2

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I was referring to google domains. They are now a host/registrar for domains. I was able to exchange an inbox invite for a domains invite.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google Inbox: Are you still using it?

I gave up on it. Too many clicks. For example, if an email comes in a bundle, I have to click to open the bundle then click to open the email. In Gmail I just click the email once.

Also, I kept finding emails archived but not marked as read even though I read them and marked them done. I kept worrying I would miss an email.

I guess I don't get enough emails to need someone to organize them for me. For me, it is easy to process them, read, star, archive etc as they come in. The only thing I really liked about Inbox was to set a reminder for am email.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Inbox: Are you still using it?

Yeah, seems like a good idea with a poorly thought execution. I did love the reminders and quick view of important info, but the added taps/clicks, the 'where the fudge is my e-mail at??!!' confusion and the lack of explanation of the fact that DONE means ARCHIVE and there's no way to delete it easily, made it go into the back burner for me.

shagath

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
In search of an invite as well. Probably not gonna get through this but might as well just try my luck. :) If anyone has an extra, would be appreciated.

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Google Inbox notifications

Hey, got inbox a few days ago, like the idea and what I've see of it so far but for some reason I don't get notifications from it. Whenever I get a new email the notification I get is only from the Gmail app. I went into setting in Inbox and checked/selected everything that it seems like I should to get notifications from it but still nothing. Any thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

davidblake

Banned
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Inbox notifications

Well, this is happening because of the inbox app when you received the email over the device and mark it as done it gets over to the done category provided by the inbox app which means that you have seen the email and there's no need to show the email again. So, if you want to still see the email after reading it you should "PIN" it over to the Inbox.

Peacen1k

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Inbox notifications

I have the same problem. Some new emails result in notifications, and some do not. I can't see any obvious logic in this behavior, so looks like a bug.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I keep reading how Google Inbox invites take less than 24 hours to be received. Some only had to wait for 2 hours. I sent an email on Oct. 25 which is a week ago and still haven't received one.

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I keep reading how Google Inbox invites take less than 24 hours to be received. Some only had to wait for 2 hours. I sent an email on Oct. 25 which is a week ago and still haven't received one.

Send me your email and I will give you an invite. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174