Google Maps language keeps changing itself randomly.

emadeva

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Greetings everyone,

There is a possible coding bug in the current version of Google Maps where the language spoken changes randomly when I search and set a new destination route to travel to. As you can see in the screen shots, I have the "App language" set to "English (United Kingdom) and the "Voice selection"set to "Default (English)" which works before the random bug kicks in and changes the voice and language to United States.

When the bug kicks in, the settings still show "App language" set to "English (United Kingdom) and the "Voice selection" set to "Default (English)". The voice heard doesn't match what the settings indicate.

I'm using Google Maps on the phone as well with Android Auto in our car. The bug affects both. All help will be appreciated.

Truly,
Emad

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 14.41.22 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 14.41.22 (1).jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 2
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 14.41.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 14.41.22.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 15.13.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 15.13.41.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

emadeva

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Definitely send feedback from within the Google Maps settings menu.
The only way for me to get the UK voice back is to change the app language to United States then back again to UK each time before I use Google Maps. I hope developers at Google read these posts we post on AndreoidCentral concerning Google software.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only way for me to get the UK voice back is to change the app language to United States then back again to UK each time before I use Google Maps. I hope developers at Google read these posts we post on AndreoidCentral concerning Google software.
Google engineers won't read things in this forum -- we're an independent community forum. That's why I suggested that you send feedback directly to Google from within the Maps app settings.

emadeva

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Google engineers won't read things in this forum -- we're an independent community forum. That's why I suggested that you send feedback directly to Google from within the Maps app settings.
I just sent feedback through the app to Google. I hope that they will reply soon because I did the same thing on the Google support web site quite some time ago and they never replied yet.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug?

Maybe there's an alternate navigation app compatible with Android Auto that won't throw annoying adverts into my face and blocking my screen while I'm driving like Waze does.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's good that you sent feedback, but just be aware that Google almost never responds directly. But they definitely read the feedback.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, it's not a beta version. How can I get into their beta programme to try new features? Maybe they fixed the bug in a beta version of the software.
Open play store for that app and scroll little down in description it will ask do u want to join beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter