Google maps not working

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to use Google maps as a navigation. I'm not sure if it's the phone or the carrier. I have sprint so that probably explains it. Have any of you guys experienced problems with the navigation on Google maps?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I know that the navigation portion doesn't work for me unless I turn GPS on. I have it in energy saving mode, and a pop up appears when I try to navigate, telling me to change settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about:
zu9a8y3a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I know that the navigation portion doesn't work for me unless I turn GPS on. I have it in energy saving mode, and a pop up appears when I try to navigate, telling me to change settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Actually I always leave my GPS on the most accurate setting but my view arrow won't move and after a few minutes it says GPS signal lost.
Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about:http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/16/zu9a8y3a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
does it actually get a GPS lock? if the GPS icon (satellite dish with waves emanating) keeps blinking, no lock. It turns steady when it gets a lock. google maps won't work with turn-by-turn without a gps lock. I also have an M8 on sprint, and sometime it won't lock. turn the phone off and back on then try. I think something in the GPS settings get's stuck, and it won't lock, but the power cycle will reset whatever is stuck. a reset won't do it (in my experience), have to power off, then back on. hope that works for you.

panhandler

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Power save mode doesn't keep gps from coming on when needed. You need to open Maps and go to settings-Google location settings-set accuracy to High.

TwtrIsBadMmmkay

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Twice on the road before Christmas, Google maps/navigation would lock up my m8 rendering it useless. I didn't dare use GNav the rest of my trip. And I installed TomTom in case I really needed navigation.

I could not get the phone to respond, wake up, etc. If I held the power button down long enough, I occasionally got the "beep vibration", but the lights never came on. I couldn't hard reboot it of course because it requires a rocket scientist to remove the battery.

It would finally "wake up" 2-4 hours later. I am not kidding :-( When it did, there was a prompt saying GNav lost connection or something, with 2 choices "Wait" or "Close".

Is there a fix on the way for this? Was it simply the Star Wars update (where your car was an Imperial Fighter on the route map)? Anyone know?

Verizon.

Thanks!

TwtrIsBadMmmkay

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
GNav worked great over the long Thanksgiving weekend between Phoenix and San Fran, notifying me of and routing me around delays. Worked wonderfully. During my Xmas trip, the lady stopped talking to me, and eventually it locked up my phone twice. It was a totally different app :shakesfist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte