Google Music

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'd love to see this. Just more things to add to my "all things Google" life anyway.

Android? Check
Chrome? Check
Google TV? Check
Google Music? Almost check

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for this. Not only cause it's been a long time coming, but also cause it's like another punch to face of Steve Jobs, or whoever is running the ship now.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Google NEEDS to create some kind of desktop app browser. Wither it's an actual desktop program (unlikely) or something done through the browser (more likely), casual users want to be able to find apps easier than going through the market on their phone. Adding music to it would be even better.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Use subsonic for the time being. Works as advertised. I love it. Sure its on my computer and not in cloud but I have a computer that is on all day everyday.

Sent from my HTC Vision

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The reason I think Google Music is taking so long to come out is this. We already know they want to be able to stream your music from the cloud (as shown as I/O 2010) but if everyone is storing their music in the cloud it takes up a hell of a lot of storage, not to mention could take an age to upload. So I think what they are trying to set up is something that will scan your music collection on your computer and note what music you have WITHOUT uploading anything other than the database. When you want to play a song the system checks it is in your collection database and streams from a copy they already have uploaded. Only if you have something they don't (that album by your brothers band for instance) will it get uploaded.

The problem with this is that the record labels cant know for sure you have bought the music or just downloaded it from a torrent site, so are wary of this. Hopefully Google can convince them of the folly of their ways.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I am way underwhelmed by Google Music so far. The Android app never remembers my credentials. I have to clear data every single time or reinstall the app. When it finally sees all my music, if I choose shuffle, it only plays the first song over and over -- until I manually touch the next song button. Then it works. That's far from being a desirable app for me. Amazon Cloud so far has the lead in streaming.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well since you already resurrected this thread... There's definitely something going wrong for you. I never have any of those problems that you're having. You may want to reinstall it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeuchytil