Google pay and security

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I just added google pay to the phone instead of Samsung pay. One annoying thing is I had to add the card, and I can only have one (even though I have three on the phone already).

It also had me add a PIN number. Now, if the phone is charged or off my wrist for some amount of time, I need to enter a pin to use the watch.

I guess this is a good thing, but you would think the watch would provide more security control over all. Is the same true for Samsung pay on the watch?

What do u think of the security on the watch?

Thanks,
R

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I just added google pay to the phone instead of Samsung pay. One annoying thing is I had to add the card, and I can only have one (even though I have three on the phone already).

It also had me add a PIN number. Now, if the phone is charged or off my wrist for some amount of time, I need to enter a pin to use the watch.

I guess this is a good thing, but you would think the watch would provide more security control over all. Is the same true for Samsung pay on the watch?

Thanks,
R

I said that with Samsung pay I set it up and I had my watch charging and was just holding it messing with stuff and had to keep entering pin but than I saw where it said while wearing and it detects on your wrist no entering every time which is good.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks,
R

The watch actually locks as soon as you take it off your wrist. This is actually even more strict than previous watches, where you could opt for no security, but then had to use a PIN as soon as you attempted to pay for something. But to answer your question: yes if you use Samsung Pay, your watch has to have a PIN.

Overall I'm pleased with the security features here. The watch uses Knox, just like Samsung phones. It's pretty transparent about app permissions as well. Also, one of the benefits of Samsung Pay and Google Pay is that when you pay, your watch generates a one-time token that stands in for your credit card number. So if someone places a card skimmer at a merchant's POS terminal, your card number cannot be stolen. And of course there's the simple fact that if your wallet gets stolen, the thief has access to all your credit cards until you deactivate them. If they steal your watch, they still don't have your PIN so your losses are minimized that way.

Now if only I could get some digital version of my driver's license on my watch that would be accepted by cops and bartenders, I could leave my wallet home.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks,
R

I added three cards to google pay. you always needed a pin number for watches in order to use it for mobile payments. and you always had to reenter the pin after taking off the wrist or in some cases loosen the strap. The same is with samsung pay.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
One of the irritating things is that the PIN entry UI is horrible compared to the watch 3.

Has anyone used Google pay yet? Do you just wake the watch and hold it to the terminal like with a phone?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
One of the irritating things is that the PIN entry UI is horrible compared to the watch 3.

Has anyone used Google pay yet? Do you just wake the watch and hold it to the terminal like with a phone?

it works like samsung pay. I set it up to double press the top button to open and use. I tried it like the phone and it did not work that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45