Google Phone 2.5.11_rc8 works on Style

MarkSBaines

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I managed to install Google Phone 2.5.11_rc8 from Google Play before they realised they shouldn't have made it generally available and withdrew it.
It works brilliantly and it's finally great to have Blocked Numbers and Google ID at last!
Looks like Google Play have deleted the Google Phone app again with version Google Phone 2.5.12_rc9 not installing on my Style and being restricted to Nexus devices again.

However it is still available from APKMirror and you should be able to sideload it on stock phone.
Google Phone 2.5.11_rc8 APK Download by Google Inc. - APKMirror

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I installed it. But it would only ring on incoming calls, and not light the screen up with incoming caller ID. It would also lock up sometimes. Had to go back to stock dialer.

stanleywinthrop

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I installed it. But it would only ring on incoming calls, and not light the screen up with incoming caller ID. It would also lock up sometimes. Had to go back to stock dialer.

Make sure you go to settings/apps/Google dialer/permissions and enable everything.

Then go to settings/apps/gear icon (upper right)/default apps and select the Google dialer for the default phone. At that point I disable the AOSP dialer and reboot for good measure.

Posted via the Android Central App

MarkSBaines

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you go to settings/apps/Google dialer/permissions and enable everything.

Then go to settings/apps/gear icon (upper right)/default apps and select the Google dialer for the default phone. At that point I disable the AOSP dialer and reboot for good measure.

Yes, all of the above. It's also called "Telephone" in the Apps menu on my Style.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

Thanks! That worked!

Peacen1k

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to get it to show the voicemail tab, like in the stock AOSP dialer?

Edit: nevermind. This works once the app is made to be the default phone app.

Last edited:

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to get it to show the voicemail tab, like in the stock AOSP dialer?

Edit: nevermind. This works once the app is made to be the default phone app.
I made it the default. But I don't have a voicemail tab on mine. I installed both versions. Neither has the VM tab.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I compared my moto X to my wife's Nexus. She has in Voicemail a tab I don't have which is the visual voicemail tab. I will try to remove sim and reinsert and see if it shows up.