Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

kholdstare254

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey, has anyone who ordered the protection plan and standard shipping recieved shipping info. I ordered on Oct 4, 2016 10:36:23 AM PDT and have been in "Processing" since yesterday at 7pm CDT. (Pixel XL 32GB Quite Black)

gabbyv4

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Order Date/Time: Oct 5, 2016 8:50:16 PM PDT
Ordered From: Google Store
Model: Pixel
Storage: 128GB
Color: Very Silver
Status: Pending // Closed: Oct 18 at 7:54PM PDT // Processing Oct 18 at 11:45PM PDT
Estimated delivery date: Oct 26 - 28 (standard shipping)

I should have paid for expedited shipping!!!:'(

strykerpks

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine through Google Fi, Oct 5, 2016 5:39:00 PM PDT, it said would receive Oct 26th-28th, got fedex shipping notofication today about an hour and a half ago, says by end of day tomorrow, but it still is in "shipping label received" status, so I'm wondering if that will change since I didn't order expedited. Guess I will see soon enough. :)

Shipping Label received is exactly what it means. Someone in the warehouse has your order and labeled it. The package is likely sitting on a pallet somewhere in the warehouse waiting to be picked up. Once FedEx has it in their possession and scans it, the status will update.

And for those of you wondering, Memphis is the FedEx central hub. Anything Overnight, 2nd Day or Express saver will go through there. There's a number of reasons that a package would stay there since 2:30am (i.e. missed the outbound flight, it's a 2Day package and other overnight orders take priority etc), most of which are not due to Google putting a hold on them. Millions of packages filter through there every night. It's unlikely they could single out packages from a particular shipper and hold them.

FedEx Ground is a bit different as that's a separate entity altogether. Depending on how close you are to the distribution center you may receive the package in 1 day. I'm in MIlwaukee and mine for example is shipping from Chicago. FedEx shows an estimated delivery tomorrow.

Sorry if this is off topic. I work in shipping and use FedEx/UPS daily so I am pretty familiar with the ins and outs.

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Ordered on 14th October from Verizon. Pixel XL128 gb black. Estimated ship date was 10/20/2016.
Just got an email. Bad news.
Delayed shipment due to "item is so popular there is not enough in Stock", now new eta is 11/18/2016. What the bull crap is that.
I might cancel and go v20..
Anyone else got delayed?

Last edited:

k.scott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Ordered on 14th October from Verizon. Pixel XL128 gb. Estimated ship date was 10/20/2016.
Delayed shipment due to "item is so popular there is not enough in Stock", now new eta is 11/18/2016. What the bull crap is that.
Anyone else got delayed?
I got the same email :(

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on 14th October from Verizon. Pixel XL128 gb. Estimated ship date was 10/20/2016.
Anyone else got delayed?

I got the same email :(
Oh my... That is absolutely terrible. Like really and truly.
For the folks who received the delayed shipment email . . . what color & storage capacity did you order?
I'll bet it's Black 128.

Maybe they could try switching to Silver? I know that's what I'd try in the same position.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anybody who placed an order through the Google Store on 10/7 see any movement yet? Just curious as it seems they are going in date order.

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who ordered from Verizon get their notification this morning? I ordered 10/14 and still no notification..... I am worried they run out of stock! :(

I ordered on 10/14 as well and I am starting to worry. Some others are getting emails saying their orders are delayed.