"Google Play Services keeps stopping" constantly pops-up; most solutions online don't work, since the settings keep crashing as wel

HelloThere

May 3, 2024
Visit site
Hi, I would really appreciate some help! My phone is a xiaomi redmi pro 8. I believe I have android 10 with MIUI Global 12.0.5 installed.
Since this morning "Google Play Services keeps stopping" constantly pops up. It happens multiple times each second, with additional popups like "Security keeps stopping" appearing less frequently. This happens even if no app has been opened and the phone has only been turned on and not been used in any other way. When I however open an app it crashes after a few seconds. In this state my phone is basically bricked, since I can't do anything at all.
I have found alot of people online who have had a similar problem and were able to fix it. However the pop ups and crashes are so frequent in my case that it is impossible to change anything in the settings. Because of this, all the fixes I found online are unfortunately useless to me.
Does anyone have an idea what I could try short of factory resetting my phone?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

These may help.

HelloThere

May 3, 2024
Visit site

These may help.
Thanks for taking the time to reply! Unfortunately none of these these solutions work for me. Like I stated in my post, the settings keep crashing before I can apply any of those fixes.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have an idea what I could try short of factory resetting my phone?
Welcome to the forums. At this point, I don't think so. I looked up how to get into recovery for your phone, and I only saw 3 options: Reboot, wipe data(I'm assuming factory reset), and Connect with MIAssistant (probably the equivalent of ADB).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23