Google Play spam?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Nothing came up in a scan. Clicked it and it opened the app page in Google play.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Someone on another forum reported this same notification.

I suggested they download air push detector to find out which app was causing it. Problem is air push detector said no installed apps were using air push.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Some Go products do this. I had a keyboard theme from them cause it. I'm wondering if Power Master is doing it since that's the only change I've made lately.

NickAVV

Lionfish Apps
Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what's causing your ad, but in Jelly Bean you will be able to long-press a notification and disable all notifications from that application, so that's cool, right?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what's causing your ad, but in Jelly Bean you will be able to long-press a notification and disable all notifications from that application, so that's cool, right?

No because I still have Gingerbread.

Gu1l7y5p4rk

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you have GO SMS? It might be a common factor as I get the same issue. I'm just not willing to remove it to find out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I ruled out Go because they have their own store. Why would it take me to Google Play? I haven't seen any ads since that one.

brendilon

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't rule out GO, they actually do use push notifications. I was getting it from GO Contacts. Try Addons Detector, it will tell you what the offending app is.

Reactions: kirksucks

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't rule out GO, they actually do use push notifications. I was getting it from GO Contacts. Try Addons Detector, it will tell you what the offending app is.

Yeah it was go contacts. I can't very well delete Go but out of almost a year using it I've only had one ad. And I trust Go and really like Go contacts

Thanks

sniktawm

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

I have Go SMS, Go Launcher, and Go Locker and never had a push notification. Could it be because I'm rooted and have an ad blocker?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Does it also tell you what is that app?

Yeah, it you long press on a push notification from an app it takes you to that app's details page. So you know exact what app is pushing the notifications. There is a button to disable notification from that app. And there's the uninstall button.

This is definitley a good upgrade. In the words of Google to the development community, "Don't annoy the user."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo