Google services vs. Microsoft services?

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
On neither my home or work computers since upgrading to Windows 10, nor on my work computer on Windows 7 (I just don't remember on my home one, but I suspect not). Windows 7 and 10 were both incredibly solid releases. I have no experience with 8.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
BSOD much?

I don't know if you've used any Windows version after Vista, if you're just an anti-Microsoft type of person, if you're trolling or just living in 2001 but BSODs are thing of the past unless there's something actually wrong with your hardware or if you've installed crap that broke your system... otherwise Windows works just fine now.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if you've used any Windows version after Vista, if you're just an anti-Microsoft type of person, if you're trolling or just living in 2001 but BSODs are thing of the past unless there's something actually wrong with your hardware or if you've installed crap that broke your system... otherwise Windows works just fine now.

Don't like it. Haven't used it in years, they lost my trust long ago. I do have it on my work computer because it Quickbooks plays nicer on it than iOS, I find it archaic and not intuitive at all. Don't like the anti-virus trap either, I had it on my older windows and still got viruses...and no, I don't surf sketchy sites.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Don't like it. Haven't used it in years, they lost my trust long ago. I do have it on my work computer because it Quickbooks plays nicer on it than iOS, I find it archaic and not intuitive at all. Don't like the anti-virus trap either, I had it on my older windows and still got viruses...and no, I don't surf sketchy sites.
It's not like you're safe from viruses wherever you go. Malware exist whether you're in Linux or Mac. In the past 4 years alone the number of malware targetting Macs has increased by more than 300% like yearly.

By that logic as well, any operating system is trash because they were trash before. I mean have you seen the Apples from the early 90s and 80s?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google services VS Microsoft Services

Well years ago it had issues. Now a days not so much. As others and I have said I haven't had a BSOD in years.. also haven't had a virus since I was 13-14 years old (good while back) and I don't use anything except the default windows defender. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
windows defender. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Windows defender is right up there with Kaspersky, Bitdefender, etc in the top 10 better AVs in terms of detection. It's problem is it has less features and more false positives. But it's better to have false positives than false negatives.

For the normal user it's perfectly fine to just used it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
honestly, I agree with everyone here, I bounce between both companies suite of applications. For work purposes it's all office suite. However from my personal life it's all G Suite.

daeyplan

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
I seriously struggle with the two ecosystems a lot. Partly because I like to be loyal (and it's easier to just use one), but mostly because I get intrigued by some of the newer design and integrations that MS has been doing. I love that I can use Windows 10 Mail with Google (adding a calendar event, ...on my Google calendar), but then I can't do that on the web's Outlook.com, or MS Outlook itself. Those things seem small, but have caused me to bounce back to Google for my mail, calendar, tasks, because it's obvi not efficient to use Mail with one, and Tasks with the other, etc.

I'm a Microsoft/Azure developer... and that's the other reason I keep getting intrigued and taunted to dive deeper in MS than the GooGs.

What a problem that isn't a problem...

Bonsaibo

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I really like outlook, including tasks, calendar, contacts, etc. I don't like the outlook app. I use Nine for all outlook connectivity and it makes using MS a really good experience.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm in the right place.
Has anybody used PC matic to protect their devices?
I don't use any antivirus for my Android devices or any Linux devices. Most of it is simply unnecessary and slows down the device whilst draining battery and reporting false positives. I stay away from dodgy websites and only download apps from Play Store (not any of those dodgy selfie enhancer apps, RAM cleaning apps or Cheetah Mobile apps). I haven't had any issues with malware on any Linux device.