Google to launch Android 4.4's launcher on the Play Store?

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If you've read all of my OP, it says that it supports any Android version starting from FroYo.

Don't forget that they have not forgotten the Nexus One...yet.

They have forgotten the nexus one in all ways that matter to any consumer or enthusiast, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
To me Android is TouchWiz. I avoid stock for a reason. I don't like the UI/UX. Different strokes for different folks. Using that would out useful features out of reach for me, so it wouldn't be an option.

However, it can be useful for people with older ICS handsets which may get a performance boost from it, provided it runs there.

I'm thinking more a long the lines of Bionics, Atrix IIs, Vivids, etc.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

I ain't gonna argue with that.

Because there are some people in the world that like TouchWiz better than stock.

I don't, but that's just my opinion.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how integrated with the OS the launcher will be. If it's just a skin like Nova or maybe something deeper like CyanogenMod

topmant

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I hope this news to be true... especially for my country, Indonesia.
I am not find smartphone in Indonesia has already using Android KitKat. :(

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I hope this news to be true... especially for my country, Indonesia.
I am not find smartphone in Indonesia has already using Android KitKat. :(

KitKat is not out yet.

Nexus devices will get it first, followed by, possibly, the Moto X, and then Samsung/HTC/LG etc. devices.

Motogameruk

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
When kit kat finally arrives will the Google experience launcher be an extra you can download or will that actually be the 4.4 launcher? Just curious as I have seen a supposed screenshot of the Google experience launcher with a pop up message asking the user if Google experience can access widget data. A bit like what Nova launcher does.

http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nexusae0_wm_4.png

Posted via Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, guys.

The Launcher is released, not by Google, but by a few guys who got the launcher from the code of the Nexus 5.
It is in a pack of 3 files, so download all 3 just to make sure it will work.

Also, it's incredibly buggy ATM. Some guys reported that the Google Search app will force close at times. Although there's a fix for that, proceed at your own risk.

Download links + article are here.
http://phandroid.com/2013/10/31/download-and-install-the-new-google-experience-launcher/

And as an added bonus, have a pic of my HTC One's homescreen with the launcher.
Screenshot_2013-11-01-19-01-31.jpg

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, guys.

The Launcher is released, not by Google, but by a few guys who got the launcher from the code of the Nexus 5.
It is in a pack of 3 files, so download all 3 just to make sure it will work.

Also, it's incredibly buggy ATM. Some guys reported that the Google Search app will force close at times. Although there's a fix for that, proceed at your own risk.

Download links + article are here.
http://phandroid.com/2013/10/31/download-and-install-the-new-google-experience-launcher/

And as an added bonus, have a pic of my HTC One's homescreen with the launcher.
View attachment 89692

Thanks for that, I might try it while I'm waiting for the update.

Posted from the awesome new Nexus 7