GOT ONE 12-11 best buy

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
and how bitter someone jealous can be.
i did nothing wrong.
i walked into a best buy and asked to buy a phone.

ps: i called the best buy 6 hours later and they said "yes we are selling them"

After I saw this thread I went to the Best Buy in Olathe, KS at 1:30pm Central time and they would not sell me one. I talked to the manager that sold you yours and he said it was done in error and refused to sell me one. I even told him he sold 2 already had 4 left and had to do an override at the register.... no dice.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
and how bitter someone jealous can be.
i did nothing wrong.
i walked into a best buy and asked to buy a phone.

ps: i called the best buy 6 hours later and they said "yes we are selling them"

Interesting way to look at it. Oh and for the record this has nothing to do with jealousy. But, if it makes you feel better believing that, go for it.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That and it also demonstrates how cold some folks can be so that they can get their tech.

there was nothing cold about me getting one. I called the store asked if they were for sale. The rep checked with a few people and said yes we can sell them. I went down and he checked with his manager, other reps and everyone said to sell it. They had the problem running the sku so he called help desk who told him to ring up a like priced item. That's what he did and I went on my way. At least 6 best buy people confirmed it was OK to sell to me. Doesn't make me cold dude.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wiggy0211

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I think everybody is just hating on them since they got it early.
No one is gonna get fired. Write up maybe. Think Verizon is gonna say oh hey you can't sell our phones anymore? Especially if best buy is a big electronic company OK.
Their system says 12/11 the only person I think that is at fault is the person who didn't update the date on their system.

But will see what happens but I'm sure they'll be OK.

Grat's who got it all.

Yeah, I'm sure Verizon is really upset over all of this free hype and excitement among potential buyers of their flagship product...what a travesty.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
After I saw this thread I went to the Best Buy in Olathe, KS at 1:30pm Central time and they would not sell me one. I talked to the manager that sold you yours and he said it was done in error and refused to sell me one. I even told him he sold 2 already had 4 left and had to do an override at the register.... no dice.

I believe he may of had a rather unpleasant phone call between the time he sold those, and you walking in.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
What a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon, chatting about the gn with fellow geeks.
Got the nfl blasting on the tv but just barely glancing at it.
Not to mention email inbox explosions and constant f5 tapping.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who has anything negative to say about those who have received their Nexii are complete douches. Don't tell me they shouldn't have done what they did because someone could lose their job. Seriously? Anyone who gets fired from Best Buy for selling this device "early" will have a solid legal case. They weren't selling crack. What we should do instead is politely ask these guys to showcase the device. Like, can you download Google wallet? Sideload? Maybe some pics from its camera? Videos in action?

Reactions: Wiggy0211 and E.T.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who has anything negative to say about those who have received their Nexii are complete douches. Don't tell me they shouldn't have done what they did because someone could lose their job. Seriously? Anyone who gets fired from Best Buy for selling this device "early" will have a solid legal case. They weren't selling crack. What we should do instead is politely ask these guys to showcase the device. Like, can you download Google wallet? Sideload? Maybe some pics from its camera? Videos in action?

Google wallet isn't in the app store and as of now can't find a good working apk for it on the internet. Phone works like a charm but did notice my 4g signal at home is less with the nexus than on the razr.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Does best buy release the phone the same time verizon does? Or is there a slight delay fot bb to sell it?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

dubya.t

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Google wallet isn't in the app store and as of now can't find a good working apk for it on the internet. Phone works like a charm but did notice my 4g signal at home is less with the nexus than on the razr.

i also cannot find google wallet in the market

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
Not one picture with a 4g symbol, I'm calling shannangins

boom

imag0199i.jpg

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
after calling and visiting 4 BBs around Fullerton area this afternoon without success, I realized that the words spread among the stores. I almost had a chance to get one at the first store I visited, but I didn't have the sku number for them to look up. By the time I went to the last store, I even saw a VZW rep in the store. He must have been there to make sure BB don't sell any more GNEX anymore today.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
after calling and visiting 4 BBs around Fullerton area this afternoon without success, I realized that the words spread among the stores. I almost had a chance to get one at the first store I visited, but I didn't have the sku number for them to look up. By the time I went to the last store, I even saw a VZW rep in the store. He must have been there to make sure BB don't sell any more GNEX anymore today.

Will bb sell them at the same time as VZW because the bb i called said they would sell it a couple days after VZW... Made me a little skeptical about getting it from bb

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waimopete