Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have Alltel as your carrier, then this probably won't work for you but a similar process should work for your phone as long as it is a CDMA RAZR or RAZR MAXX (not the HD). Who is your carrier?

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried flashing the flick zip for ntelos on my alltel RAZR maxx and it still worked fine.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried flashing the flick zip for ntelos on my alltel RAZR maxx and it still worked fine.

I've used that zip for several roms (icarus, arctic HD, flick) and it has worked great! The only one that I can't get to boot up is Paranoid.

Anybody upgraded their XT908 to Jelly Bean yet?

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey Chris did you see the new official 4.2.2 aokp builds for the ICS kernel that hashcode is releasing? Any chance of a patch for that?

Pleeeeaaaase?

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Chris, did you take a look at the 4.2.2 AOKP ROM? I compared the build.prop from the 4.1.2 PA ROM with the one from the 4.2.2 ROM and there seems to be some differences between the two.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Have not looked at AOKP yet, but will try later today. Still quite sick, hoping to get the day off work, won't know until later on.

Working on the new CM10 build that dropped today.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man for keeping the alltel maxx alive I really appreciate it. Hope you get well I know there's a lot of stuff going around right now my wife's been sick for over a week.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This is a great ROM I've been using it the last few days and battery life has been great. Also this ROM is kexec now and it runs even better.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Kinda works like a 2nd init ROM. Basically when a kexec (kernel execute) ROM boots it is coded to bypass the Motorola kernel and runs on a custom kernel instead. This is good for us because all the CM 10.1 and AOKP builds that hashcode and dhacker are working on are switching to kexec. Since they bypass the stock moto kernel it won't matter if your on the ICS or JB kernel.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought they were kernel 'patches' of sorts, because if it was a custom kernel, wouldn't we all just be able to use that process to run the JB kernel? Can this phone be overclocked and all that jazz?

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hashcode is merging the JB kernel into his kexec kernel so it will basically be a modified JB kernel that us ICS kernel users can run too. You can overclock the RAZR but you need to run some commands or set up a script to run at boot. Some people are able to run at 1.4ghz on this thing.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm running his test kexec build right now and if you look at the kernel version in the about menu its a different version than stock.

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hashcode is merging the JB kernel into his kexec kernel so it will basically be a modified JB kernel that us ICS kernel users can run too. You can overclock the RAZR but you need to run some commands or set up a script to run at boot. Some people are able to run at 1.4ghz on this thing.

sooooooooooo does this mean that we ICS users can run this rom without upgrading to JB? I hope so! Downloading the ROM now. Must run in slot 1, correct?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays