GPS won't turn on at all

A

AC Question

I have Kyocera Hydro Xtrm from metropcs. The gps used to turn on and I would see the crosshair icon in the top left corner when it was on.
Now, for some reason I can't get it to turn on at all. I've enabled in the Location setting with both satellites and wifi location on. I can tap the gps icon in the pull down bar, it will turn blue as it's on, but nothing ever happens - no icon in the left corner anymore, maps not working, etc.

I've tried to update my system as well, and it won't connect via data or wifi. I'm running kitkat (I believe it doesn't actually say that anywhere) version 4.1.2. I am rooted.

This happened a while ago but I'm just now getting around to try to fix it, so I'm not sure of any apps that would have been installed exactly when it stopped, but I don't believe any relevant apps would cause this (any suggestions of some that would?)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting? What about a factory reset from within system settings?

Also, make sure there isn't a battery saving feature that is on, which would cut those settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45