[GUIDE] How To Root/Unroot The Thunderbolt with Revolutionary

Wise.945

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I have made it to step 10. I have the "Revolutionary" and "s-off" status. However, when I get back to the main bootloader screen, the volume rocker doesn't work. I cannot select recovery and then my phone starts reading files and asks me if I would like to start the update. I always chose no, just unsure of consequences. I can't get past this even after multiple reboots in to bootloader. I can still reboot fine, just can't gain SU access. Any suggestions?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I have made it to step 10. I have the "Revolutionary" and "s-off" status. However, when I get back to the main bootloader screen, the volume rocker doesn't work. I cannot select recovery and then my phone starts reading files and asks me if I would like to start the update. I always chose no, just unsure of consequences. I can't get past this even after multiple reboots in to bootloader. I can still reboot fine, just can't gain SU access. Any suggestions?

Do you have a pg05img.zip file on your sd card? If so... remove/delete it.

stander01976

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
multiupload is down. you can find at bliynd [dot] com/ thunderbolt/ ruu/

There is Mecha_2.11.605.3.zip and Mecha_2.11.605.5.zip. I guess the latter is the latest version?

Thanks for all the help.

trpttrooper

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,
Long story as short as possible, I rooted my T-Bolt last weekend and during the process I think it flashed an old backup the last owner had saved on the SD card that I didn't know was there. So I'm now rooted S-off with the Release version of the software on my phone. Not exactly a step forward :p

Anyways I've read through here quite a bit and it sounds like I can flash the PG05IMG that will unroot me and then I can grab the verizon GB update then reroot.

Only thing is the instructions say to download PG05IMG_1.70.605.0_nohboot.zip, and when I click the link I get PG05IMG_MR1_no_hboot. I ran a MD5 check sum program and get a different MD5 hash than what is posted.

Is this an updated link that the OP just hasn't changed the MD5 sum for?

thanks for any help

TTGTOVR4

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
INVALID BETA KEY

I have copied it via edit-copy in the browser, then right click edit paste in the program, I clicked the top left button in the program and cmd and pasted it through there, I have re-installed the program, nothing seems to be working...any ideas?

My beta key is as follows:
HNkU13QCPNFBPrFO

pleasantcrew

May 20, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time using Revolution and I ran into an issue while flashing a ROM, ThunderShed. The intro is looping. I usually use the command line when rooting my device but since Megaupload is now obsolete, this seems to be my only rooting alternative.

My device is rooted, so Revolution did the job. What am I doing wrong? Is it the ROM? Thundershed worked flawlessly using the other rooting method.

kaxorpie

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my Thunderbolt exactly as I was told to on this site. I had to downgrade first. Everything worked just fine for a day, but now the phone resets and says:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package
E:failed to verify whole file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
Then it freezes in that screen. How do I get it to work again?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you guys flash a custom ROM after downgrading and rooting otherwise your phone will try to update itself back to 2.11.605.9 leaving you with a soft bricked phone that some of you seem to be experiencing. Either that or find a working version of the 2.11.605.9 build that works with rooted phones ... (if there is one.. I need to findout)

If you do this root method and stay downgraded from 2.11.605.9..... your phone will eventually push the newest update back to the phone screwing it up.. so please make sure you flash a custom ROM after using the Revolutionary root method.

uzr10278

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. Hope everyone is well. I have a question. I got my wife a TB a few month ago, and she gave me the ok to root it. I followed the instructions to a T. Downgraded, drivers and all. But when I run revolutionary it hangs on waiting on device. I guess it not reading my device. Any suggestions? Please help.

uzr10278

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Please anyone, I need help. Revolutionary just hangs on me. It just stays on waiting on device. Even though I am a NOOB, I have rooted a few phones before. I dont understand whats going on. Drivers installed, downgraded and then I removed PG05IMG from SD. Dropped SU zip in SD. Downloaded revolutionary and extracted, then run it and it just hangs AARRRRR! What am i doing wrong! Pls help.

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
USB debugging checked? HTC Sync uninstalled? If both are yes try unplugging the phone when it is at that the waiting on device screen and plug it back in. If that doesn't work go ahead and try again after a restart. If that doesn't work you might have to try a different computer.

uzr10278

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
USB debugging checked? HTC Sync uninstalled? If both are yes try unplugging the phone when it is at that the waiting on device screen and plug it back in. If that doesn't work go ahead and try again after a restart. If that doesn't work you might have to try a different computer.

Man I've done it all except trying a different computer! I guest thats what ill do. :confused:
Thanks for the reply man!

mashengye

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be right at the place that UZR10278 is at. Revoutionary is just waiting...waiting...waiting on my device. I'm doing the device re-boot right now.

Here's hoping this works! I'll keep you updated.

mashengye

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so, turns out I'm just...slow. I downloaded the drivers, but didn't install them. That was my whole issue.

So, I flashed GB to my phone so I have to re-root, which isn't an issue...alllll the way up until I'm supposed to reboot with Recovery. The problem is that the fastboot automatically kicks in to re-install the GB update before it will allow me to toggle down to recovery. Solution? I'm going to try and just go into my SD card via computer and delete the file out of my phone and so if Revolutionary can work its magic again.

And as an aside, Titanium Backup did NOT back up my apps as I was lead to believe it would. I was very thorough, and GB wiped everything (as it was advertised to do), and TB didn't protect my apps (as it was advertised to do). User error? Help appreciated!

mashengye

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Worked like a charm. Just deleted the files so that fastboot had nothing to find, and Recovery was easy as pie. #winning!

Now to figure out what the heck happened to Titanium Backup...

ldarellano06

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
ooooohh man.... i spent about 4 hours to download the downgrade and for it only to be interrupted :':):)'(...... i the download. i have to redownload and spend 5-6 hours. anybody know if this download can be taking forever? or where else i can download the same downgrade? plz help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds