[GUIDE][MAC/PC/LINUX][4.2] Unlock, Root and Flash Recovery

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm at post number 2 in this thread
FLASHING RECOVERY AND ROOTING YOUR NEXUS 7

and I can't start because my 16gb nexus 7 doesn't have an sd card slot. How do I continue???

Nexus devices don't have sd cards.. When we say to put something on the sdcard partition we just mean internal storage, as in the base folder for storing that comes up when you plug it into your computer. You also push files to internal storage via adb using the command:
adb push filename /sdcard/
Again, even though there's no actual sdcard.. The file system names it this way.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ernie Mccracken

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I am planning on using this guide, and downloaded r3 superboot, openrecovery-twrp-2.6.0.0-grouper.img, SuperSU-v0.98.zip, and the original image - nakasi-jwr66v-factory-d341d356.tar, in addition to Universal_Naked_Driver_0.7.zip. Okay I am using Windows XP SP3, and my nexus 7 is model ME370T 32GB Wifi only, running Jelly Bean 4.3, build # JWR66V. So, what are the chances that this combo will not work, are there any known compatibilty issues with these versions, and what versions of Windows/Jelly Bean are other people using to get this to work?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
@Ernie you need to use the latest SuperSU updated for 4.3... Search Google+ for Chainfire and see his posts as he includes links to the latest. There is also a thread in the Nexus 4 Rooting section where I've been updating on the status of 4.3 Root. Sorry I'm away from the computer and can't link you right now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

gizmoto

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the post and the active responses from all the questions people have posted.
I am running N7 2012 4.4.2 kitkat OTA. After downloading the files and following through the steps, I finally got root verified. It took several recovery install attempts until I figured out I needed the latest version of superSU (from Chainfire's google+).
If the posts are editable, could I recommend most up-to-date files in the original post (or inform readers where to look for latest)?

Thanks again for everything, time to play w/my device. :)

ASTUNI

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
you have said that
Connect the phone to computer with usb, make sure usb debugging is ON

But my Nexus 7 is not starting, ,when i try to turn it on it remains on the start up screen(4 dots circles).
Now I want to restore the factory image, but for that I need my Nexus 7 connected to my pc.
So, how can I turn on USB debugging on and update the driver using Universal naked driver?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397