[GUIDE] Preparing your HTC Droid Incredible for the Gingerbread OTA

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Preparing your HTC Droid Incredible for the Gingerbre

Too many threads at once!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Yes, the Link to XDA from the Sept 2011 Rooted GB ROM thread is the correct one.

You don't have to read the XDA stuff to sign up - but when you sign up you can at least use the links. The truth is that not many dev's post their stuff here, so rather than cause credit confusion about who is the author/finder of the work I always link back to the source.

You may remember that there was a brouhaha over that here about a year or so ago. Best to make sure there is no confusion. ;)

Reactions: tony bag o donuts
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

well I just installed it.
It hung for like 2 minutes and then finished...
If I remember, any apps that need to be restored (I don't use root manager or nandroid) only Titanium just never restore system data correct?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Too many threads at once!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Yes, the Link to XDA from the Sept 2011 Rooted GB ROM thread is the correct one.

You don't have to read the XDA stuff to sign up - but when you sign up you can at least use the links. The truth is that not many dev's post their stuff here, so rather than cause credit confusion about who is the author/finder of the work I always link back to the source.

You may remember that there was a brouhaha over that here about a year or so ago. Best to make sure there is no confusion. ;)

LOL I am an AC Machine tonight. I remember the xda thing BIG TIME.

Some like yourself though make the links available without having an xda acct.

uh oh....phone on booting up is stuck at the droid eye splash screen!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Everything should be as you left it!

Yeaaaaa - Victory! Let there be singing and dancing... let the wee people sing folk songs on the mountain and let the beer flow freely in the rivers! ;)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I actually had UID PARTITION ERRORS so I just reset everything.
I want to format my men card too but don't want to lose my angry birds and wwf game data lol.

Phantm

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

I un-rooted and put my phone back to stock 2.2 but I haven't received an OTA update yet. I downloaded the actual file and put it on my SD card... how can I force it to run?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

tvklovesu

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Hello,
I have droid incredible and did upgraded to 2.3 gingerbread by using 2.3 OTA. I want to go back to FROYO as I have some issues. When I try to use the unroot using RUU I am getting error message saying the RUU I am using is not latest image update. Can you let me know if I am doing wrong thing. I even tried to unroot using froyo file but not able to go to HBoot mode. Can some one help me how to load HBoot. The Power button and Volume down button not working for HBoot. Any toehr ways please.

Thanks

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Updated download links from dougpiston.com to pvillecomp.com.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Updated Prep instructions for Stock users to move any apps stored on SD card to internal memory to prevent "breakage."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky