[GUIDE][VZW Version] Un Root & Re-lock the Xoom [3/05/2011]

wnrussell3

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Can we remove superuser.apk and su with Root Manager and then flash the HRI39 SBF file as an easy way for those not set up for ADB?

ZBoater

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to say I unlocked, rooted, OCed, reflashed stock, and relocked successfully following these instructions. Hardest part was updating the 4.6 USB drivers on my Win7 x64 PC!!! :) I really really really look forward to doing a Nandroid backup....

ZBoater

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Oy vey! I hope they fix the SD card soon. This constant wiping and resetting up is exhausting!

What about the fastboot flash all command? Wouldn't that be easier than issuing each command individually?

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I read that someone has overclocked the Xoom. Is this something that still allows it to work just as before, with access to Android Market, updating Xoom, etc? Just curious.

ZBoater

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I read that someone has overclocked the Xoom. Is this something that still allows it to work just as before, with access to Android Market, updating Xoom, etc? Just curious.

Yup. Root and run SetCPU. Everything works as before, only faster. I didn't notice a significant battery drain either as I had it set to interactive between 200mhz and 1.5ghz.

Unfortunately I went back to stock to get the ota... :-\

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey ZBoater... so if I Root and use SetCPU, then OTA will not work? Will each update for the Xoom require going back to stock? Thanks for your help.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey ZBoater... so if I Root and use SetCPU, then OTA will not work? Will each update for the Xoom require going back to stock? Thanks for your help.

Yup, it looks like you'll have to be official to get the latest updates. Though I'm sure they will be available in "hacked/rooted" form shortly after their release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod