Has anyone gotten the sideloading update yet?

Hypnopottamus

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Seems like the only way to get this update is to call support. Is this true? Are they not automatically pushing this through anymore. I have other pressing issues I need to take care of, so I have no problem waiting for it. Just wondering if this is only done through support now.

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Seems like the only way to get this update is to call support. Is this true? Are they not automatically pushing this through anymore. I have other pressing issues I need to take care of, so I have no problem waiting for it. Just wondering if this is only done through support now.

Finally got mine, by just waiting. Restarted last Saturday morning, and there it was. I had called and chatted a few days prior to that, but they even said there was nothing they could do at the time.

bman333

May 27, 2011
Visit site
il post the number but i got a hold of a tier 2 tech named bryan s.

just called me landline and alerted me they are pushing the update to my phone.. so i guess il see he said about 10minutes although its been longer

bman333

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Update* hours later still nothing on my phone.

i guess i will call back tmoro but they seemed sure that it would be pushed quickly to my phone..

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got done with one of the online support poeple. They pushed it three times. I got the complete update message three times. I pushed yes three times. I've done several restarts. Still no unknown sources check box. I give up.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Lol this thread is full of sadness. Just root the phone lol

Yup, It's pretty sad that AT&T can't accomplish pushing a simple update like this. Not everyone wants to void their warranty. The best option is to just keep hammering AT&T so it will get it's act together. A person should root if they want to be rooted, not for something as simple as this.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
When i updated to 2.2 i got blocked from rooting at all. My only option is to say theres a prob with this one and swap it out for a refurb one at a device support center. But i wouldnt know if 8t still had 2.1 or tjey updated to 2.2 :/

ibanana

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I am on Chat again and I was just informed that it was pushed to my phone and could take 24 hours. I pointed out that it was pushed every day this week. So this statement does nothing for me at this point because clearly its not working.

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I am on Chat again and I was just informed that it was pushed to my phone and could take 24 hours. I pointed out that it was pushed every day this week. So this statement does nothing for me at this point because clearly its not working.

Can you give the link to the US chat thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk