Has anyone received the new update on their Pro?

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Am I the ONLY one having a problem with installing this update? I get it downloaded just fine, but when I go to select update now, it shuts down and then starts the install process. However, after about 1/5 of the bar is filled, I get an exclamation point and notified that update failed. Someone please help.

Last edited:

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
My wife updated yesterday. She was rooted with Z4root. She did NOT lose root after the update.
Edit: she lost root access to some processes, but not others like access to the system files.

Last edited:

Burkett1983

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Am I the ONLY one having a problem with installing this update? I get it downloaded just fine, but when I go to select update now, it shuts down and then starts the install process. However, after about 1/5 of the bar is filled, I get an exclamation point and notified that update failed. Someone please help.

I am having the same issue as well :( I don't know what to do.. :-\

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue as well :( I don't know what to do.. :-\

Sorry you are having the same issue, but I am glad to know I am not the ONLY one. I called Verizon and they are sending me a replacement (refurbished POS) on Monday. I am still wishful in thinking I can get this one to work before I have to activate the replacement. My DPro is immaculate with no scratches and has had a case and screen protector since I bought it brand new.

At this point, I am uncertain as to what is the best thing to do. :confused:

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
wi-fi tether app

which wi-fi tether app do you guys use? i use android wi-fi tether, but after about 10MB of data transfer, it always stops working. then i have to restart my phone to get it working again.
BTW Super1Click version 1.7 worked great. I had to restart my phone afterwards, but the root was definitely there.

Last edited:

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Working with a replacement pro now. Keeping my fingers crossed this one goes through with the install. BTW...my wi-fi is turned off. I had tried the first device with all different settings to no avail. Hoping this one works. BRB

Burkett1983

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok here is what I've discovered. I was having trouble getting the latest update. It would quit updating about 1/3 of the way through. I flashed the SBF file thats stickied on the droid pro forum and was able to go through both updates no problem. For anyone else having trouble try this. also I was able to retain my root access. :D

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok here is what I've discovered. I was having trouble getting the latest update. It would quit updating about 1/3 of the way through. I flashed the SBF file thats stickied on the droid pro forum and was able to go through both updates no problem. For anyone else having trouble try this. also I was able to retain my root access. :D

:-\ you are just a little too late for me, but thanks for sharing your solution.

keyrse

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Update lowered Volume

For some reason since I got the update pushed to me, I can't hear people.

I turn the volume up all of the way and I can barely hear whoever is on the other end.

Grrr

broth6

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
For some reason since I got the update pushed to me, I can't hear people.

I turn the volume up all of the way and I can barely hear whoever is on the other end.

Grrr

I've had this problem before. I turned my phone off and pulled the battery, then replaced it and turned it back on and everything was fine.

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had random freezing for a few seconds since this latest update.....thinking about going back to .60.....I haven't seen any new features worth the "mometary lockups..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86