Has this happened to anyone? Hard brick

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I had mine where it would not boot but I got a weird pic - phone and PC with an exclamation point. I was able to load the EE4 odin and pit file to fix it. Not sure what the pic meant but it freaked me out. If you can get it download mode, you should be ok. Load your odin files with the battery in. I could not do it with it out and it would keep failing.

porkshanker

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
battery / and coord did not fall out
yes I choose PDA (been using odin for a while hope I am not that absent minded)
It did fail big red box (fail) on firmware push

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that sometimes I need to flash with battery in and sometimes with battery out.....don't know why....just the way it goes

porkshanker

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that sometimes I need to flash with battery in and sometimes with battery out.....don't know why....just the way it goes

Same .. .I have Odin fail plenty the difference here is the phone does nothing.. no sound no lights nothing.

Anyways Verizon is replacing it.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Same .. .I have Odin fail plenty the difference here is the phone does nothing.. no sound no lights nothing.

Anyways Verizon is replacing it.

what firmware does it currently have on it? I hope stock for your sake... if they diagnose it and find a rooted firmware on it, they will charge you full retail for the replacement.

porkshanker

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I would love it if VZW tried to charge me ... Ill send it back tell them to eat a dick then go get something new from another provider lol.

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Ive sent back rooted phones twice (both orignial Moto Droids) and had no issues. Ive actually never heard of anyone having a problem returning rooted phones.

That being said, if you can return to stock of course you should, just to be safe...

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had mine where it would not boot but I got a weird pic - phone and PC with an exclamation point. I was able to load the EE4 odin and pit file to fix it. Not sure what the pic meant but it freaked me out. If you can get it download mode, you should be ok. Load your odin files with the battery in. I could not do it with it out and it would keep failing.

PLEASE PLEASE help me.....This is exactly what Mine looks like right now. I'm stock and tried to ODIN CWM. I got the fail box and tried again....but now I have that wierd pic like you described. I can't even get into DL mode.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
PLEASE PLEASE help me.....This is exactly what Mine looks like right now. I'm stock and tried to ODIN CWM. I got the fail box and tried again....but now I have that wierd pic like you described. I can't even get into DL mode.

ok..firstly "Do Not Panic"

stick the phone on charge untill the battery is charged
then dont even bother with the ODIN file you tried..

i tried one and bricked my Charge, but as DroidX says " dont panic"
Download another odin file as EE4 if you've tried everything Download it again.
i bricked using the ED2 or whatever the last resort is and found when i downloaded it again..
the file that was last Downloaded was larger. after i used the larger file ev thing went well

so i delibiratly did a DL of the EE4 also got 2 different sized files after a soft brick.
so DL again used the larger file,
odined it in PDA could not get a download triangle
so as I was holding down the low volume button and cable was connected.
i tried installing the battery at the same time (always holding down the low volume button) and poof the DL Triangle shows up.. The Charge allowed odin to Complete and i was back to stock.....

main thing is do not panic... many have down some weird things and theres almost always a way out of the hole.. I hope this helps but yer probably already theming etc ...

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
As long as you can get into download mode, you are only soft bricked. If no download mode, then the phone has entered paper weight mode. Some people are trying to see if a special usb cord will fix a dead phone, because the latest gb leak bricked a lot of phones.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to try a few different usb ports but I was able to get into DL mode again and flash the EE4 back to stock odin file. The key for me was to put the battery back in the phone once in DL mode.

Which GB leak caused a bunch of bricks? EP1Q? Was this on the P3 special rom? Seems like the RC builds of Gummy seem to be working pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod