Having trouble getting into recovery mode on my 2022 US version Tab S6 Lite ☹️

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This is the first time I've tried to get into recovery mode on my S6 Lite, I assumed it would be the same as my ZFlip 3.... with it turned off, plug it into the charger, then hold the power button and volume up together until recovery mode pops up. That doesn't seem to be happening 😕

Is it just really finicky about the timing with the button pushes like other devices I've owned, or am I going to
have to plug it into a pc every time I want to clear the cache partition or repair apps? 😯

Thanks in advance for any feedback 😉

Reactions: mustang7757

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some posts about how certain Samsung phones need to be connected to a computer via USB while doing the button press combo -- give that a try.
Yeah, that's for all non-US phones I think. Tablets are quite probably like this in the US too, because of lack of carrier influence.

Also, try the other volume button ;)
This is correct. I have this tablet. It must be connected to a PC in order to enter recovery mode.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This is correct. I have this tablet. It must be connected to a PC in order to enter recovery mode.
Thank you Laura, I should have asked you first lol... I forgot you had the exact same tablet. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most 😉

And thanks everyone else for responding 😃🤟 I was hoping the tablet would be super easy like my phone.. oh well, you can't win'em all 😆

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Laura, I should have asked you first lol... I forgot you had the exact same tablet. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most

And thanks everyone else for responding I was hoping the tablet would be super easy like my phone.. oh well, you can't win'em all
Living in the crazy land of Outside the US, I have to do this with all my Samsung phones. That combined with me being lazy is how I learned that wiping the cache partition is just not necessary unless you have an actual issue you are trying to fix.

Don't think I've done my S23U since I got it.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'll be honest, I probably won't be accessing recovery mode on the tablet near as often as I do on my phone. I'm going to test your method 😉

I just installed the October security update on my Flip tonight... then went in and wiped the cache partition and repaired apps like I do after every update. It's actually quicker to get into recovery on the Flip than any other phone I've owned... one button press combo vs two. I was expecting the same from the tablet 😕

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Laura, I should have asked you first lol... I forgot you had the exact same tablet. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most

And thanks everyone else for responding I was hoping the tablet would be super easy like my phone.. oh well, you can't win'em all
You're welcome. I was confused when I tried to enter recovery mode on the tablet and wasn't able to with the normal button presses.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Living in the crazy land of Outside the US, I have to do this with all my Samsung phones. That combined with me being lazy is how I learned that wiping the cache partition is just not necessary unless you have an actual issue you are trying to fix.

I didn't know that's how it's done on all Samsung devices outside the USA.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

You guys outside the US have it bad to plug it in a computer to enter recovery

Reactions: J Dubbs