Problem: Can't go into recovery mode and stuck on Powered by Android

AwakEVE

Jan 22, 2019
Visit site
I have no idea how to fix this issue. My S6 "crashed" yesterday and its been stuck on the 'Powered by Android' screen. I tried draining the battery and to no avail. I've looked at a few options to restart my phone:

DOWN+POWER - works but still stuck on same screen. When I charge the phone, it gives me the empty battery charging image and stuck on that screen.

UP+POWER and UP+POWER+HOME - doesn't work at all. So I can't even enter into recovery mode to wipe cache partition.

DOWN+POWER+HOME - works, though I honestly don't know how to use Odin. And would NOT like to factory reset my phone as I'd like to keep my files or at least retrieve it if my phone is complete broken.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
If just holding down the power button doesn't turn phone off then maybe a trip to phone shop where they have Odin and should be able reboot the device. Times like these I curse the sealed battery system...
You may have to hold the button for a minute or more!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the battery icon never shows that it's charging, then the battery has probably failed. As Tim1954 suggested, bring it to a repair shop and see if the battery needs to be replaced.

AwakEVE

Jan 22, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the battery icon never shows that it's charging, then the battery has probably failed. As Tim1954 suggested, bring it to a repair shop and see if the battery needs to be replaced.

I don't think its the battery, but more of a system fail. It does technically charge even though the image shows no charge. I've drained battery out, turned the phone on and doesn't work of course. Then charge for a couple minutes, and still gives me the screen Powered by Android or if I DOWN+POWER+HOME, it'll give me the Download mode. So it still holds charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itistho