Hello everybody

Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
Hello everybody
My name is Stevan, and I'm a software developer that recently join in the indie game dev world :)
My first Android phone was the lovely HTC Desire (here is one image that might bring back memories to some of you :) )

HTC-Desire-1.jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everybody
My name is Stevan, and I'm a software developer that recently join in the indie game dev world :)
My first Android phone was the lovely HTC Desire (here is one image that might bring back memories to some of you :) )

Hi Stevan, welcome to the forums. I didn't have an HTC Desire, but I did have the M8...sometimes I miss that phone. What is your favorite programming language?

Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
Hi Golfdriver97,
Thanks for the welcome!

My wife had the HTC One M8, it was a great phone. I was always confused by the HTC logo on to bottom, so I always flipped the phone upside down :D

I come with some Windows background, thus my favorite programing language is C#. I'm mainly using that one for the past 10-11 years.

Do you have any development experience?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Golfdriver97,
Thanks for the welcome!

I come with some Windows background, thus my favorite programing language is C#. I'm mainly using that one for the past 10-11 years.

Do you have any development experience?

I am currently going to school for software and web development. I have worked with SQL, C#, a little bit of backend Java, JSP, JavaScript, PHP, with the last two my worst nightmares...lol. I have taken to SQL and C# for my favorites.

Your experience might be valuable on our sister platform, Windows Central. It doesn't get as much activity, but it might be fun to poke around. There aren't many coding problems asked, but there might be problems with the OS that may prove interesting.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello everybody

View attachment 346046
Hello Stevan, welcome to the forums at Android Central!
Funny thing, I know a person named Estevan, my wife's dad.
Anyway, my first Android phone was the HTC Evo 4G in 2010, but after a couple of months, I went back to my beloved Palm Prē... still miss WebOS and its gestures...
Finally, my proper Android phone that I've used was the Motorola Photon 4G.
I also had the HTC Evo 3D when it came out, but returned it after a month I think.
Later, I started using Samsung phones almost exclusively.

Sent From the TARDIS

Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
It sounds like you have quite some stuff on your plate. I could wish you luck, but hard work is the best :D From my experience, if you have free time, maybe start on side project (some interesting idea that you have), its really nice way to make a recap of what you've learned, as well as to improve your skills.
Thanks for the suggestion for Windows Central forum, I've joined in earlier, though I agree that there isn't a lot of activities there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

Yeah HTC M8 was my first HTC phone and one my favorite all time. I converted it to Google play edition it was icing on the cake .
Enjoy we have Great community here .

Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
Thanks STARGATE!
I've been using all kinds of phones in the past, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, but I've never had the chance to use a WebOS based phone.
For me, before my first android phone, it was the Symbian era :D

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks STARGATE!
I've been using all kinds of phones in the past, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, but I've never had the chance to use a WebOS based phone.
For me before Android/iPhone it was rotary phones and pay phones

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks STARGATE!
Welcome to Android Central, Stevan.

Wow, that's cool because my first smartphone was a Nokia E62.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you have quite some stuff on your plate. I could wish you luck, but hard work is the best :D From my experience, if you have free time, maybe start on side project (some interesting idea that you have), its really nice way to make a recap of what you've learned, as well as to improve your skills.
Thanks for the suggestion for Windows Central forum, I've joined in earlier, though I agree that there isn't a lot of activities there.

Well, I'm a couple weeks into a new job where I use SQL in almost all my requests. So far I am really liking it.

You might be interested in this section of AC: Developers Forum

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody

View attachment 346046
Welcome to the forums. I never owned an HTC device. I was always an LG guys in those days. My wife had several including the M7 and M8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene