Hello guys!

Psyf00l

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i'm new here on Android Central :)
I'm Nick from Italy - hey hey, i hate Berlusconi :sly: - and i'm an android user since 2011. Just had an iPhone 5 for a while but switched 2 months ago to a fabulous S4 ;)

Android for life yeah! :D Cheers!

Tapatalkin' from GT-I9505

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm Nick from Italy - hey hey, i hate Berlusconi :sly: - and i'm an android user since 2011. Just had an iPhone 5 for a while but switched 2 months ago to a fabulous S4 ;)

Hi and welcome to forums. How are you liking you S4?

Psyf00l

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well it's a great device, you can do almost anything you want ;) But i think optimization could be better. I hope next updates will improve the system.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Welcome to the forums! There is a lot of useful information throughout the forums, feel ffee to post, comment and ask lots of questions.

Well it's a great device, you can do almost anything you want ;) But i think optimization could be better. I hope next updates will improve the system.

What type of optimizations are you referring too? Is there any specific feature you would like to see in future updates?

Psyf00l

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well i don't mean specific feature but only a system optimization. I guess most of you are from US so i don't remember which S4 version you have, here in Italy (and the rest of Europe if i don't go wrong) we have GT I9505 Snapdragon version and the device is a bit too laggy :( It should be quickier than it really is. Maybe the Exynos version is more optimized, Snapdragon instead needs other updates. This is what i wish :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums and back to Android!

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Well i don't mean specific feature but only a system optimization. I guess most of you are from US so i don't remember which S4 version you have, here in Italy (and the rest of Europe if i don't go wrong) we have GT I9505 Snapdragon version and the device is a bit too laggy :( It should be quickier than it really is. Maybe the Exynos version is more optimized, Snapdragon instead needs other updates. This is what i wish :)

Gotcha. Well, do you have many widgets on the desktop and/or apps running in the background? Android is pretty good about closing apps or processes to dedicate memory elsewhere. However, if you require certain apps to be running in the background this could cause some lag or slowness in the device.

Also, I would probably recommend using another launcher, such as Nova, Apex or ADW (there are many more in the Play Store) to replace Touchwiz. You will loose the stock widgets, but the smoothness and customizability offered by third-party launchers is great and you might be happier with the phone responsiveness.

Psyf00l

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanx magnus, but i have just 2 widgets always on, and already disabled Samsung and Google apps running uselessly in background. Running Nova prime, but still laggy. I bet it's only about Samsung optimization, in fact there are various updates still rolling out :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully you can get the issue resolved with a future update. Let us know if you have any questions :).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Psyf00l

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Quick update: finally Samsung seems to take really care about S4. Yesterday i've updated mine and now it seems to be more reactive and fluid in opening/closing apps than before. Stock browser seems more smooth in navigation. So now it's almost perfect ;)

Tapatalking from GT-I9505