help for new android user

jostnyc

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a few things I need help with. When I'm playing my music or listening to Pandora and I get any kind of notification the music pauses and then starts again. Happens when I'm watching a video too. Also is there a music player I can download where it will let me skip songs with the volume buttons or maybe a separate app I can get? Thanks for your help.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
That's normal for the music to pause when u get notifications so you won't miss any notifications

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Great thanks. But there has to be a fix to the notification issue.

Because I've only had my SGS III for two days, I haven't had this issue pop up yet, but with my old Captivate, I just muted the phone. Media audio still plays, but you don't get the notification sounds screwing up your entertainment. You could try that, then turn the sound back on when you're done listening to music or podcasts.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried going to settings>sound>default notifications>silent (at top of window you may have to scroll up). And also settings>sound>volume>notifications (set to zero)?

jostnyc

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes I know I can do that but I don't want to be going back and forth lowering and raising the volume for my notifications. One day I will forget. Any other solutions?

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Agree with icewater106. Came from Blackberry, which did the same thing. I won't want to miss a call/appointment because I was listening to music!

jostnyc

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Agree with icewater106. Came from Blackberry, which did the same thing. I won't want to miss a call/appointment because I was listening to music!

Yeah but the tones can go off while the media playing it shouldn't just lower the volume so much. Any other ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582