Help! ICS ROM with no option to turn off fastboot- cannot get in

jamesbecker79

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. So I flashed an ICS rom I found on xda. There is no option to turn off fastboot, so I cannot get it booted into recovery or hboot. What can I do!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help! ICS ROM with no option to turn off fastboot- cannot ge

Did you pull the battery, re-insert it, and hold volume down + power to get into hboot?
Are you sure the option is gone from Settings > Power> Fast Boot?

Reactions: notify665

jamesbecker79

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Did you pull the battery, re-insert it, and hold volume down + power to get into hboot?
Are you sure the option is gone from Settings > Power> Fast Boot?

There is not power category in the settings. I went through every single setting to try to find it. And I did try to pull the battery, etc. With fastboot turned on you can't get to hboot.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

There is not power category in the settings. I went through every single setting to try to find it. And I did try to pull the battery, etc. With fastboot turned on you can't get to hboot.

A quick "ghetto" way to solve this would be to download CleanFlash from Scott's website.
Try the command to flash a recovery, and it should come up with an error, but still boot your phone into hboot.

Reactions: jamesbecker79

jamesbecker79

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

A quick "ghetto" way to solve this would be to download CleanFlash from Scott's website.
Try the command to flash a recovery, and it should come up with an error, but still boot your phone into hboot.

I'll give it a try! Thank you so much

Update- It worked! Thank you so so much!

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I'll give it a try! Thank you so much

Let me know how it goes. If the error comes up before it tries to reboot the phone, you might have to toss in a .img file in the same folder as CleanFlash, just to get the process going.

Edit: The error is because you actually aren't attempting to flash anything, not because Scott's program doesn't work. Just want to clear that up.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Let me know how it goes. If the error comes up before it tries to reboot the phone, you might have to toss in a .img file in the same folder as CleanFlash, just to get the process going.

Edit: The error is because you actually aren't attempting to flash anything, not because Scott's program doesn't work. Just want to clear that up.

Am I the only one that uses "adb reboot recovery"??? (Which is really all CleanFlash is doing)

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Am I the only one that uses "adb reboot recovery"??? (Which is really all CleanFlash is doing)

Command lines are good and all, but a double click and a button press cannot be beat in terms of simplicity.

Edit: I noticed your lemon-based signature is gone. R.I.P. Lemon rant

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Command lines are good and all, but a double click and a button press cannot be beat in terms of simplicity.

Edit: I noticed your lemon-based signature is gone. R.I.P. Lemon rant

It had to change. It was too long and probably didn't get enough recognition(especially by non-gamers)

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

It had to change. It was too long and probably didn't get enough recognition(especially by non-gamers)

I've had 3 people in total comment on my name on AC, so I know the feeling.
In retrospect, this was a stupid choice and I'm pretty tired of it. Also, for some reason, I thought Android and gaming went hand-in-hand, don't ask me why.

Rexkh

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Can I use CleanROM for LG Optimus G2 on LG Optimus G? I can't find it for model LG Optimus G

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Can I use CleanROM for LG Optimus G2 on LG Optimus G? I can't find it for model LG Optimus G
Not sure why you posted this here...

No, you cannot, you need to use ROMs build specifically for your device and variant... Check the Development forums for your specific variant on XDA, there are lots of ROMs available. I would suggest Beanstalk, CarbonROM, or PAC-MAN for starter ROMs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootje