HELP | Missing Notifications/Ringing/Vibrations While Using the Google Now Launcher

Nicosarea

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm just seeking online help regarding my Lenovo P2's issue (Model No. P2a42, Android Ver. 7.0 Nougat). I'm currently using the Google Now Launcher and Google Messages (for SMS), and it appears that I'm not getting any form of notification sounds or vibrations when receiving a text message or incoming call.

I have set all of my phone's volumes to high. I have also enabled vibration and notifications in my phone and Messages app settings. I've ensured that all related apps for messaging and calling have notifications enabled.

The strange thing is that if I revert my Home App back to default "Lenovo Launcher", I get my notifications back. Is there a hidden setting with the Google Now Launcher that is preventing me from getting notifications?

Regards,
Nicollo A.

EDIT: I just got a working notification sound + vibration from my Starbucks App. Still not sure why incoming texts/calls notification aren't working.

Last edited:

Nicosarea

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
UPDATE:

I'm not sure what happened but my ringtones started working for both incoming text messages and calls. I've also discovered that there are two volume settings for the Lenovo P2; one used for notifications (SMS and texts), and the other one used for incoming calls.

Nicosarea

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
ANOTHER UPDATE:

I just found out that my notification volume affects the intensity of my phone's vibration. Is there any way I could make it so that I can manually adjust the vibration intensity only?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000