HELP! My Rooted Incredible wont reboot!

blroberts86

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
So I rooted my phone a few months ago. Tried out new OS's (Gingerbread, Virtuous, Cyanogen) with the latest being Cyanogen 6. I decided to try a new one today and it was Lithium Mod OS. I backed everything up as usual, downloaded the new ROM and had it wipe my data and cache and reboot to the new system. When it went to reboot it showed the Cyanogen symbol as if it were going to reboot with Cyanogen 6 again. Then it stops and the symbol pops up again and tries and fails again and just keeps trying. I've tried removing the battery and restarting. Restarting with it connect it to my computer. I've exhausted all of my abilities and knowledge with this. The drivers wont even show up on my computer when connected. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Reboot into recovery and restore your backup. If you don't know howbto restore it manually this is what you do:

1- pull battery
2- hold down the lower half of the volume rocker (as of you were going to lower volume ) and hold the power button until you get to the hboot screen (the white screen with text)
3- use the volume rocker to highlight reboot into recovery and press the power button to select it.
4- when in the recovery screen use the optical track pad to navigate and the power button backs out of current menu. Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache (located in the advanced section)
5- then restore your midst recent backup.
6- once you flashed your backup you can reboot and you should be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777