Help needed with Galaxy Tab A sm-t550 9.7"

Pitt Viper

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have been trying to troubleshoot/fix this tablet for weeks.

Here is the issue:

When plugged in, the screen flashes between black and samsung startup screen.

Unit will not power on at all, and only get screen data when plugged in. Cannot turn on or see anything if not plugged in.

Also, cannot boot to recovery mode, no matter what I have tried.

What I have done:

Replaced digitizer screen.
Replaced battery, and it seems to be 100% charged.
Replaced charging port assembly.

Nothing I have done has fixed the problem. Right now, the tablet is plugged in, and the screen was black. I pressed the power button, and got a 100% battery symbol, but then went black again.

If I press the power button again, I will get the samsung startup screen that flashes on and off in about a 3 second interval.

Also, I have removed the new battery, and put it back in. Also, did the best I could to visually make sure the ribbon cable for the digitizer is seated properly.

If it is not plugged in, I have NO response trying to do anything with the buttons. The unit simply does not respond.

Any/All suggestions helpful.

I also have odin, and have tried re-flashing the firmware. Odin reported successful, yet tablet is still functionless.

So, please help if you can.

Thank You,

Viper

Hello, and thanks to the person that replied. For some reason, I could not find a reply button, so that is why I'm editing the question, as I saw no other way.

I appreciate that advice. And, I wholeheartedly agree. The only issue is, it's my gf's tablet, and we unfortunately don't have the money for a new one. Also, I really didn't spend a fortune on parts. Found them relatively cheap.

If anyone knows how I can get this working, at least temporarily, due to the facts learned in the reply, I would appreciate it.

Thanks to all....

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, and you may not like this, I would have done some research on the device before dumping that kind of time and money into it. That device is running the oldest version of Android that is supported by Play Services, and is likely to lose that support sooner than later (meaning apps will stop working in bunches). The money you spent on parts would have been better spent on a more modern device.

I'm sorry that it's not the kind of help you were seeking, but at some point it just makes sense to invest in something newer, but the time to make that decision would have been before buying all kinds of parts for it.

Pitt Viper

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, now that I have edited my question, the page does now have a reply button, so I will repost my comment here.

Hello, and thanks to the person that replied. For some reason, I could not find a reply button, so that is why I'm editing the question, as I saw no other way.

I appreciate that advice. And, I wholeheartedly agree. The only issue is, it's my gf's tablet, and we unfortunately don't have the money for a new one. Also, I really didn't spend a fortune on parts. Found them relatively cheap.

If anyone knows how I can get this working, at least temporarily, due to the facts learned in the reply, I would appreciate it.

Thanks to all....