Help!! Screen Lock & Audible Selection sounds not working!

daniel178

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
So I don't know exactly when it started happening, but my "audible selection" (makes sounds/clicks when you press soft buttons on screen) and my "screen lock" (makes sounds/clicks when the lock-unlock slider is swept) are no longer working.... Or, they are EXTREMELY quiet (can't hardly hear them, even in a silent room).

No new apps, etc. Running BAMF 1.3. (but I did still have the sounds for a little while after flashing the ROM).

any ideas?

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Download audio manager from the market. Raise your system volume with the slider. Fixed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

daniel178

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to fix this without downloading another app? Also, can I uninstall it after? Or will this problem reoccur?

daniel178

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded Audio Manager, wow, what a shoddy program. Now my sounds (system "clicks") are sometimes loud, sometimes soft, sometimes not there at all.

Any real fix for this?

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
go to settings-->sound-->all the way on bottom is feedback-->check audible selection and screen lock sounds

hope that helps! :)

daniel178

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
go to settings-->sound-->all the way on bottom is feedback-->check audible selection and screen lock sounds

hope that helps! :)

Sub-dawn,
Um, that's exactly what's not working.

Also tried a battery pull and restarting the phone. Still no help.
Where would I do a master reset? Is this the sane as a factory reset? I don't want to wipe my phone of all its data (again).

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Sub-dawn,
Um, that's exactly what's not working.

Also tried a battery pull and restarting the phone. Still no help.
Where would I do a master reset? Is this the sane as a factory reset? I don't want to wipe my phone of all its data (again).

Yep your going to have to wipe the phone and re load everything.

daniel178

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Um, that is unacceptable. Whats the point of this if every time there's a problem (which there shouldn't be in the first place), you have to completely erase your $250 phone?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Um, that is unacceptable. Whats the point of this if every time there's a problem (which there shouldn't be in the first place), you have to completely erase your $250 phone?

It happens. If you exchange the phone guess what? Your going to have to re program it anyway. Get out your Hankie dry your eyes and do the reset.

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I am also experiencing this problem. I have unlock/locks sounds and you can barely here them, but when you have a headset plugged in everything works fine. I checked the speakers by playing a song and everything seems to be fine with the speakers.

I tried a battery pull and still here the sounds but very faint.

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem. Restart does not work, factory reset does not work as I've done both as well as other things. I've taken it to a tech and they have no clue. I think it's software related as I've noticed when in the app menu and selecting an app is normal volume but any other time it's washy on when it happens.

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly the people with the problem should just download audio manager from the market. It wont hurt. I had the same problem.

sent for my fantastic thunderbolt.

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I also have the same issue as the original OP. Obviously a software glitch since others in this topic have reported the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky