Help with earphones

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm shopping for a good set of headphones I can use to listen to Shoutcast channels while working on projects around the house. Anyone have any suggestions on a good pair?

I'm looking for a set that best embodies the following criteria:

Earbuds, or at least smallish on the ear. I don't want some massive set of over-the-ear headphones that belong in a recording studio.

Noise cancelling, or at least effective noise blocking. One of the things I love to have music for is mowing the lawn, and it would be nice if I didn't have to blast the stereo to drown out the mower.

Bluetooth. I hate getting the cord caught on everything while I'm trying to work, and it happens all the time.

Decent sound. I'm not an audiophile, but I do want clean sound that isn't muddy or tinny.

Reasonably priced. I don't want a pair of German imports that cost more than the phone I'm ataching them to.

Posted via Android Central App

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
May 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the LG Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset.

Amazon.com: LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

They work really good for me. They vibrate when your phone rings and the range is ok for me. They're not noise canceling, but I'm not sure if they would help much with a lawn mower. They will block out a decent amount of noise because of them being earbuds though.

Tthanks much - I'll definitely keep them on my short list.

I also found these - Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo Earphones with Mic. Anybody have experience with them?

Seth_Overbury

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm also in the market for some earbuds with similar needs. Did you decide/purchase a pair?

I'm thinking the LG Tone+ or a pair of the JayBirds (but they are more expensive then I want to pay).

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I have not yet settled on a pair. I've narrowed it down to the Phiatons I mentioned earlier (good ratings and all the features I want, but at a best price of $130 a pair, a bit more than I can truly afford right now), a pair of Klipsch headphones that are supposed to be really good but aren't Bluetooth or noise cancelling (but at a price of less than $40 used on Amazon, they might be an option until I can afford the Phiatons), and a pair of Skullcandy Titans that I can get for less than $20 used on Amazon and which everyone says sound great "for the price". FYI, from what I've been able to find, the Phiatons are the only buds with both Bluetooth and active noise cancelling, but the reviews I have seen are very strong.

In the meantime, I've been borrowing my wife's earbuds. She got a decent sounding pair with her Galaxy S4 (bad enough that phone can do everything short of make my dinner, it also came with buds in the box whereas mine did not) that do a surprisingly decent job of sealing out ambient noise, considering they aren't noise cancelling. And as for the cord always getting in the way, guess I can run it up inside my shirt to tame it some. I'm making it work ... for now.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to keep my eyes open for a decent pair myself and the suggestions offerer above are great. Although I don't see myself spending more than $20 for a pair of headphones (I'll loose them quick), I might end up looking real good at the suggestions mentioned.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf