help with kies mini

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I went back to UCKD 5 with Odin and it says I have the latest version, what a in' waste, no update for me, I'm so mad right now

frydaddy96

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea got mine back to 5 and know Kies shows; Firmware version: latest, Firmware upgrade: 11/10/13 upgrade button still greyed out. phone is stil Froyo.

snakeman4066

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am in EXACTLY the same position.... I have done EVERYTHING and tried every configuration... still have the upgrade button GRAYED out.....

What is our next step ???

Snakeman

eclypse3demons

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Everyone screaming about they can't get it to work, FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS! It will work. It took me 10 minutes if that to do the update. This is what I did

1) Registered on Samsung site, still said unregistered device
2) Used GTG's Ultimate Unbrick to go back to OFFICIAL stock KD5
3) Plugged back into Kies and clicked update
4) Waited for Kies to update the phone

It's not complicated if you just follow what the people that have gotten it to work tell you. If you have the update on your phone from November UCKH1, then you can't update. USE GTG'S ULTIMATE UNBRICK TO REMOVE THAT UPDATE. Oh, and I'm on 64bit Win 7.

"If you have the update on your phone from November UCKH1, then you can't update" This is not the case, I had stock back to KD5 ran Kies and got a response Firmware : Up to date with a date of 11/10/13 could not get any updates running on KD5 but at least it showed something, had the OTA UCKH1 and shows "unregistered device"

Alot of this appears to be trial and error with no official postings from any of you from Samsung or ATT saying what you posted above is correct, so unless you actually have some official instructions that say you cannot do this with their own latest update you should not mislead people.

frydaddy96

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Here is what I got from the live chat rep. Reinstall software on PC - No go. Factory Reset - No go. Something is wrong with your IMEI # call in.

snakeman4066

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone E X A C T L Y where eclypse3demons with phone in same condition... I plug into Kies and....Firmware upgrade is 11/10/13 Firmware version : Latest Version... BUT the 'phone upgrade' button REMAINS grayed out....

and I have never gotten past this stage....

Any help would be appreciated :(

Thanx much

Snakeman

davidbellevue

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Everyone screaming about they can't get it to work, FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS! It will work. It took me 10 minutes if that to do the update. This is what I did

1) Registered on Samsung site, still said unregistered device
2) Used GTG's Ultimate Unbrick to go back to OFFICIAL stock KD5
3) Plugged back into Kies and clicked update
4) Waited for Kies to update the phone

It's not complicated if you just follow what the people that have gotten it to work tell you. If you have the update on your phone from November UCKH1, then you can't update. USE GTG'S ULTIMATE UNBRICK TO REMOVE THAT UPDATE. Oh, and I'm on 64bit Win 7.

If you do this, I assume it wipes out all of one's data and settings. Data is easily backed up and restored, but can settings be restored after a wipe and upgrade?

SECONDLY: would the installation of GB wipe out all settings in any event, whether installed this way or in some yet-to-be-announced OTA upgrade?

Thanks! :)

mrbanks

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Just do what i did i got this from the Infuse forum on AT&T and it worked.

Samsung Infuse 4G

I too had the problem that everyone is having with kies mini and Samsung support, but I found a fix and it does not require gtg unbrick to be use..

Here is what I did:

1.Download the .md5 file from this post xda-developers he captured it from kies mini. Download the file it will be called I997UCKL2-Homebinary.tar.md5 save it where you can find it like your desktop.

If you have a Mac, then I guess that you could unzip it and flash it thru heimdall, not sure of how to do this as I don't have a mac

2. Download and save Odin3 1.7 from here Anti Virus Software - David Star Enterprises v1.7.exe to your desktop

3, When the .md5 file is done downloading it will be called I997UCKL2-Homebinary.tar.md5

4. Run Odin, make sure infuse shows up as a com port. Load the upgrade, which will end in md5, into the PDA slot

5.Place phone in download mode here is how you do this

1.Once the files are selected put the phone in download mode. (Pull battery, replace battery, press and hold both volume buttons while plugging in the USB cable connected to the PC.)
2.Once you see the device connected in ODIN, hit the Start button to begin the flashing process.
3.Once the process completes, the phone will reboot.

6. The phone think on the ATT splash screen that is normal with any update.

7. Welcome to Gingerbread. you can verify this by seeing the icons at the top in the tray will be smaller (i.e battery, signal, network,)

8. Go to menu-> About Phone -> Firmware verision will say 2.3.6(GB)

Baseband Version will be I997UCKL2

Kernel version will be 2.6.35.7-I997UCKL2-CL806505

Build Number will be Gingerbreat.UCKL2

9. Pass this around to every one you know that can't update their phones for kies mini including ATT rep they are lost on this as I had an encounter with one today where the samsung rep disconnected the chat with him well he was trying to help me.

10. Be nice to ATT they have no control over this update this is Samsung problem written all over it.

snakeman4066

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
:) THIS WORKS !!!!

Have to search around a little bit to find the file to download.... BUT it works just fine....

NO NEED TO BRICK THE PHONE !!!!!

Thanx..... course now the Android email app will NOT staRT..but different problem....

THANK YOU AGAIN !!:):)

frydaddy96

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
This is what I was told by samsung on the phone this afternoon. Samsung found a problem with GB and pulled it from the server. It doesn't matter whether you have the 5 or the 1 version. They are looking to have it fixed by Fri. The problem I find with this is that I recall reading of people upgrading this weekend which would not be possible if GB was pulled.

Reactions: c00l0ne

snakeman4066

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
FRYDADDY96... ****** I performed the upgrade just as described... no BRICK required.... follow the instructions and do it !!! just Google the I997UCKL2-Homebinary.tar.md5 and presto you will download a 345meg update.... 4minutes later... following instructions you will have a NEW phone !!

Best of Luck

Snakeman:D

michaelt24

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have seen my other post from the ATT forum post here and it work so here are the new instructions

I too had the problem that everyone is having with Kies mini saying my phone is unregistered and Samsung support not doing a thing to fix the issue., but I found a last night and it does not require gtg unbrick to be use or your phone to be rooted or any of the like. If you follow these steps you should be good, if you have problem plenty of us on this thread an help you out.

Here is what I did:

1.Download the .md5 file from here http://davidstarenterprises.net/I997UCKL2-Homebinary.tar.md5 (this is the same file that jvanlew at XDA Devoplers found) I just made another download so it does not take up his bandwidth he gets all the credit for this find. This file has been captured from Kies mini so it is the official version of Gingerbread. Download the file it will be called I997UCKL2-Homebinary.tar.md5 and save it where you can find it again like your the desktop where all your icons are this will take some time about 10 to 20 mins depending on your Internet speed.

If you have a Mac, then I guess that you could unzip it and flash it thru heimdall, not sure of how to do this as I don't have a mac, so if someone wants to try this and post how to do it with a mac great.

2. Next Download and save Odin3 1.7 from here Anti Virus Software - David Star Enterprises v1.7.exe and save it to your desktop this will be a quick download. Open Odin3 v1.7 up. Don't click anything in Odin till that md5 file is done downloading.

3, When the .md5 file is done downloading it will be called I997UCKL2-Homebinary.tar.md5

4. In Odin click PDA it will pop open a window browse to your desktop or where ever you save the file select it and click open.

5. Do not click anything else in Odin leave everything the way it is.

6. Place phone in download mode here is how you do this:
Connect the usb cable that came with the infuse into your computer usb ports does not matter which ones you use.
Power down the phone then remove the battery, put the battery back in, you will need two hands for this press and hold both volume buttons with your thumb, then plug in the USB cable that came with the phone in to the bottom of the phone.
You will get a message on your screen that says Warning!!!
A Custom OS can cause critical problems......
a. Press Volume up to continue
b. The screen will change to a yellow Triangle that says do not turn off Target!!!!
c. Your phone is now in download mode.
You will see the device connected in ODIN, and it should have the second row of box filled in as such 0:[COMxxx] your com port will change mine goes between 3 and 4 you may get com1 as long as it is in there that is all you need, it will be in yellow.
Hit the Start button in Odin to begin the upgrade process the box above the com box will have stuff in it now not a whole lot to read there.
In Odin there is box that says messages it should have the following
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I997UCKL2-Homebinary.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Successfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
You also see a progress bar on the phone in blue if not then the update is not taking and you may get this
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I997UCKL2-Homebinary.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Successfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

8 If you get this and no progress bar start over by removing the battery and the usb cable and try again to put the phone in to download mode.

9. Once the process completes, the phone will reboot on its own

10. The phone will think on the ATT splash screen for awhile about 2-3 min that is normal with any update on a phone

11. Welcome to Gingerbread. you can verify this by seeing the icons at the top in the tray will be smaller (i.e battery, signal, network,)
a. And by going to menu-> About Phone ->
Firmware version will say 2.3.6(GB)
Baseband Version will be I997UCKL2
Kernel version will be 2.6.35.7-I997UCKL2-CL806505
Build Number will be Gingerbread.UCKL2

If you brick your phone you didn't follow the instructions.

NelsonRojas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem you had before. I have tried with the mentioned advises but they dont work.
Please help. I dont know what I can do more.
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo