honest answer. Is this phone smooth and fast?

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I've been anti Samsung in the last few years because I had a s6 and that thing had bad ram management issues and major lag after 6 months. I know it's early but what is your experience with over all smoothness while scrolling and app opening without freezes? I went ahead and ordered one that will be here tomorrow. I guess I just need some moral support..lol

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been anti Samsung in the last few years because I had a s6 and that thing had bad ram management issues and major lag after 6 months. I know it's early but what is your experience with over all smoothness while scrolling and app opening without freezes? I went ahead and ordered one that will be here tomorrow. I guess I just need some moral support..lol

No, it's smoothest and fastest. :)

Let us know tomorrow if we're being honest.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have had the S7 Edge, the S8 +, and now the Note 8. The 7edge was a glitchful damned thing, but I still liked it. It was too small though (I haf the Note 7 through two recalls prior). The S8+ was a vast improvement over the 7 Edge. Note 8? Blows everything away, IMO. Fast, smooth, you name it this phone can do it. It is a true beast. I LOVE the darned thing lol.

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Yes, coming from an iPhone 7 it's like Buttah.

Agreed.

I have an iPhone 8+ and Note 8. Both phones have their strengths and weaknesses but the Note 8 is WAY smoother and faster feeling in opening/closing animations, downloading and opening files, web pages etc...

I realize in those geek bench tests and things that the iPhone A11 chip is supposedly light years ahead of everything else but in every day use I'm here to say my Note 8 DESTROYS my iPhone8

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Agreed.

I have an iPhone 8+ and Note 8. Both phones have their strengths and weaknesses but the Note 8 is WAY smoother and faster feeling in opening/closing animations, downloading and opening files, web pages etc...

I realize in those geek bench tests and things that the iPhone A11 chip is supposedly light years ahead of everything else but in every day use I'm here to say my Note 8 DESTROYS my iPhone8
Doesn't matter if the CPU is more powerful if it's being throttled by the software to conserve battery. It's like driving a WRX in a city where you only go up to 60kph except on short stretches where you go 100kph, despite the car able to go up to 200kph.

It's not going to be as smooth as a Pixel, but I never let that sway me.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
You last had an Android phone when they were still a little bit sluggish and the OS was still buggy. The software AND hardware is a couple generations newer. This is amazing. BEAST is the name for the Note 8.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I was so p.o.ed over having to give up my Note 7 I went to an iphone 7+. I couldn't resist after my wife got the Note 8. Just watching all the fun and cool stuff that it could do and bam Apple screwed the pooch with the X and ios11. So now I'm back! Yes there is the occasional lag or hiccup. But if u restart at least once a week u never see it. And omg the fact that I use the s-pen for work and just all around better feel that I can make it what I want and not what Apple wants.

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I keep reading about past and present Android devices lagging, especially over time. I have NEVER had an Android phone lag on me. On the flip side every single iOS device I've owned including my week old iPhone 8+ has lagged. Must be the plate in my head that disagrees with something inside the iPhones LOL

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the Note 8 is unbelievable in smoothness and speed. I am so impressed, it has far exceeded my expectations.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I too am concerned over time if the phone will lag. However, Ived noticed the same with IOS with future updates. I can say with experience, I have experienced a bit of lag with my iPhone 6 with IOS 11. So far, I have not experienced any lag or slowness with my Note 8. I have seen issues with app not being well designed compared to IOS version, which may be the reason why app either would force close or act funky. Overall I'm very happy with the phone. Have had it for about a month now.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, the Note 8 is unbelievable in smoothness and speed. I am so impressed, it has far exceeded my expectations.

Same, i never expect the software will be so polished, with all the criticisms on Samsung's touchwiz. Still very satisfied after 2.5 mths.

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Received mine 4 days ago and yesterday, I did get a quick vertical jitter up and down which lasted about 2 seconds. If it happens again, I will probably do a factory reset the cache has been cleaned since that happened so maybe, I won't have any more instances like that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord