Honey I am Home

freeze26

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait I am picking up my Note 8 tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. I am returning to android after 2 years of using IOS. I initially left android after my Note 3 died and the Note 5 didn't have removable storage. I just have to say it feels so good to be BACK. Quick question though one bad habit I have taken from IOS is podcasts and the apple watch. What would you guys recommend as a replacement on the podcast front and which android watch.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I can't wait I am picking up my Note 8 tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. I am returning to android after 2 years of using IOS. I initially left android after my Note 3 died and the Note 5 didn't have removable storage. I just have to say it feels so good to be BACK. Quick question though one bad habit I have taken from IOS is podcasts and the apple watch. What would you guys recommend as a replacement on the podcast front and which android watch.
I'm not sure about podcasts but I currently have the frontier S3 Samsung watch paired with my Note 8 and absolutely love the note as well as the watch

nrvna76

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I would imagine the Watch question would depend on what you do with the Apple Watch most. Do you use it to reply to notifications? Fitness tracking? Apps? Do you need it to be waterproof?

I am dealing with the same question, and I'm using these types of questions (and YouTube reviews) to decide.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
ok for podcast i use the app pocket cast, i do not like it as well as the downcast app on iphone but it is pretty good.

for a smart watch would pick a samsung one

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I have the gear FIT now, but I really (really) covet me a S3 Frontier. Does that watch need a phone line, or can it work with bluetooth and wifi?

Same here. The S3 Frontier is going to be on my list to Santa.
The S3 Frontier does not require a SIM card and mobile subscription. It connects via Bluetooth to your Note 8.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yep the frontier does not need a phone line. I bought mine from AT&T but I don't use service. Only Bluetooth. Even samsung pay works

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I LOVE pocket cast!

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back... all the podcasts apps mentioned, as well as Google play music works well...

In terms of the watch, the gear s3 classic or frontier would work best, if you want more fitness tracking the new gear sport would be a wise pick as well.

The class has no built in lte radio so it just works off of Bluetooth

The frontier has built in lte radio, so it allows you to have a mobile number (I have it with at&t $10/month but it allows me to have calls and texts directly without having my phone nearby, not available on the classic)

If I'm not mistaken, the sport has a radio built in as well, and it's tailored more towards the fitness enthusiasts.

nrvna76

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back... all the podcasts apps mentioned, as well as Google play music works well...

In terms of the watch, the gear s3 classic or frontier would work best, if you want more fitness tracking the new gear sport would be a wise pick as well.

The frontier has built in lte radio, so it allows you to have a mobile number (I have it with at&t $10/month but it allows me to have calls and texts directly without having my phone nearby, not available on the classic)

If I'm not mistaken, the sport has a radio built in as well, and it's tailored more towards the fitness enthusiasts.

Is the Frontier lacking in some fitness tracking aspect?

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

I think that there are versions of the Frontier. The $350 version does not have LTE. Gear S3 frontier Wearables - SM-R760NDAAXAR | Samsung US

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 2.39.14 PM.png

freeze26

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's the thing when I first got it I only wanted it to reply to texts and take the occassional call. Now I use it for far more than that. Fitness tracking, Apple Pay, and much much more. I grabbed a S3 Frontier like new condition from Amazon for under $200.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
That's the thing when I first got it I only wanted it to reply to texts and take the occassional call. Now I use it for far more than that. Fitness tracking, Apple Pay, and much much more. I grabbed a S3 Frontier like new condition from Amazon for under $200.

I think you mean Samsung Pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene