Honor 8 - A Solid Buy?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the intel everybody. @Dconn1975: At this point, I'm really caught between the Honor 8 and the iPhone SE. What's the battery life, and the audio quality (through headphones) like in comparison to the SE?

My boyfriend has the SE and I have the Honor 8, and though my battery life is really good, I'd say his is a bit better than mine. It definitely depends on every individual model and battery, as they are probably all a bit different in some respects, but for our two specific devices, I'd say his outperforms mine in low battery, for example. But they're still quite comparable. I wouldn't say his is way better than mine, but I have noticed he gets more mileage on 10% or less than I would on mine.

Audio quality on my phone is pretty good. I've heard some users say it can be tinny but I use headphones frequently and really enjoy the experience. I do a lot of Netflix viewing on my phone and I've thought headphone/non-headphone use on the Honor 8 has been great. My boyfriend does a lot of gaming on his phone and we've listened to stuff on it with and without headphones. I'd say it's equal to the Honor 8. I feel like Apple is known for its media performance though, so perhaps it may outshine the Honor 8 with regards to that. It's hard to say, as I have more experience with my Android device. I'd say both are great choices if you're looking at those specific variables.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have used both and really both are great. Battery life is pretty good on both. Neither gave significantly better battery life than the other, in my usage.

Headphone jack was pretty good on both, but at the same time I am not an audiophile.

vtua

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
@the_hadlander: You may already bought your new phone, but if you did not, you may want to consider the following. The replies so far seem to paint a picture of how great the Honor 8 is, but my experience was drastically different. My phone was not turning on after only 6 months of mild use. It looked like something serious, and I decided to send it for warranty repair. The service center returned it back unpaired, claiming a liquid damage, and damaged. Later, I found out that the phone was not turning on because the power button is dead. In addition, there is a major issue with the fingerprint sensor.

Long story short, I think there are some major engineering flaws that caused the device to malfunction in such a short period of time. Customer service is unacceptable. I am sure there are more reliable phones out there on the market. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000