How are you dealing with your Battery Issues?

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has improved since I started doing system restarts on app installs and uninstalls.
Average ~12 battery life with moderate usage. Have gone 24 hours with light usage and a nights sleep without charging.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the extended battery and get between 15-20 hours depending on how much I use, and how good my service is. I also have my 4G/LTE turned off most of the time though.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I have battery issues or not. Can someone comment with similar experience? Yesterday my phone died in 9 hours with 1.5 hours of screen usage. The phone was in CDMA only ALL DAY and while it's only slightly larger, this was on the extended battery. That's like 10 minutes of use per hour. I also had a 20 minute voice call. My Android OS awake time was 3 hours 45 minutes. A similar 1.5 hour screen on time yesterday, but with no voice call, resulted in 10 hours of life. I did have a 4G big screen phone prior to this (Rezound) so I know to expect worse battery life, but this just doesn't seem right. I have had this phone for 2 weeks now and haven't seen really any improvement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That seems a little low depending on what you were doing with the phone while it was on. Simple text messaging and email but not much other than that, yeah thats a low number. But if you were checking facebook, playing words with friends or any other game, downloading apps, watching videos during that hr and a half of screen up time, it sounds about right.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
What battery issues?? Is this your first smartphone? All smartphones have mediocre battery life and I feel the nexus battery life is fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: moosc

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you serious? Your in LI? Small world.

Yea the CC is sick.. Stage 2 has really changed the game.. lol

OK.. Back on topic. See you on the tex;)

It really is a small world, I recognized your Dubs of Queens tag immediately. Used to go to the meets under the bridge but they're a bit out of the way for me. I remember going and testing a CC with my parents. I loved it but they ended up with a Wolfsburg Jetta. Still trying to get my mom to flash the 2.0t. Hahaha :cool:

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It really is a small world, I recognized your Dubs of Queens tag immediately. Used to go to the meets under the bridge but they're a bit out of the way for me. I remember going and testing a CC with my parents. I loved it but they ended up with a Wolfsburg Jetta. Still trying to get my mom to flash the 2.0t. Hahaha :cool:

Not a bad choice either.. same motor and less weight. I had a custom file written by GIAC for the catless DP. Maxing out at 18psi and holds steady, 270whp/310trq.

That location under the bridge was a nightmare from the beginning. We are back over at Boulder Creek now... although it's a bit slower during the winter season.

BTW, hell of a nice job on that DIY polishing the fat fives.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't have battery issues .
I don't restrict my use of phone but am not on it every minute of the day either ha.
I have the stock battery and use Beautiful Widgets btw
Today for example phones been on for just over 9hrs 20 minutes. and I'm at 57%.
When I first got this phone battery use didn't seem as good but is acceptable now.
I don't leave GPS on have screen brightness turned down,but other then that no special apps use .(I don't use juice defender)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
New GN. 8 hours, very light use, signal -93 CDMA. 68% left. Screen time 1 hour. 2 very brief calls, browsing mostly. WiFi on (but none at work) GPS on. No BT. I consider that similar to slightly worse than my Incredible. About what I expect. The battery in the Verizon GN is 100 aH bigger than the Euro version I think I read.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have been trying out different things to see if something had an effect on battery life, I have found I got the longest life after shutting off my calender widget. I do have the extended battery.
with light use on wifi only (had knee surgery so i haven't been out) I got 29 hours 28 mins and had 10% left. Today I am at 6 hrs 29 mins and have 83% left

Light use is a few calls (less then an hour) some texting and a few emails

G+ and Facebook are on and with stock sync times, I also use HD Widgets for a weather/time widget. I also use a widget to monitor and control a saltwater reef tank.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My best day so far has been 11 hours, 57% left, some phone and Jelly Defense usage and some minor texting. The screen usually sucks up ~50-60%, so I turn it down as much as possible.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying out different things to see if something had an effect on battery life, I have found I got the longest life after shutting off my calender widget. I do have the extended battery.
with light use on wifi only (had knee surgery so i haven't been out) I got 29 hours 28 mins and had 10% left. Today I am at 6 hrs 29 mins and have 83% left

Light use is a few calls (less then an hour) some texting and a few emails

G+ and Facebook are on and with stock sync times, I also use HD Widgets for a weather/time widget. I also use a widget to monitor and control a saltwater reef tank.

No problems with battery times over 1 day before I put on charger.

I have salt water tank.....Tell me more about this widget/app to monitor and control a saltwater reef tank.

pleeho

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Bump Charging works guys, do it at night before you go to bed or in the am as soon as you wake up & you're ready for the day. The phone will last ALL day.

1)Charge up your phone til it says "fully charged"
2)unplug the phone from charger - (you might notice sometimes the battery indicator only notes 98 or 99%)
3)turn off the phone by holding down right-side button til "power off" button is option - press it
4)re-plug in the phone to your charger
5)let charge 15 minutes or so
6)start phone back up by long-pressing right-button
7)you'll notice the phone battery indicator should be "100%"
8)leave for work & enjoy the GNex.

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Google + was draining the hell out of my battery. It's disabled now, my battery life has gotten much better after that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

neverhappy

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I was getting only 5 to 6 hrs of life for a couple of weeks now. I read a few posts where people were experimenting with diabling background data. I tried it myself last night.I also at the same time, changed the network from cdma/lte to just cdma and left the wifi on all the time. I am now at 38% battery life 18.5 hrs later.

My exchange mail seems to still be getting emails right on the mark as well, but my calendar is having trouble updating (this may be unrelated). I have a funky exchange servie (lotus notes traveler), but I'm using Enhanced Email as the client. It has been the only client I have tried so far that understands how to accept meeting invites with my server. Even touchdown does not know how. my understanding is that EE has a known issue with ICS and Calendar updates, so this may be the cause of this issue.

I put CPU Spy on and it still shows that I hardly go into deep sleep even though I got 18.5hrs out of it so far. I now need to figure out what apps are going to malfunction with the background data disabled. I tell ya, I was ready to trade this in for a iphone (I was getting pretty depressed with the battery performance, or lack there of).

18hrs of life on a standard battery is just fine with me, but I still want to know what bad things are around the corner with background data turned off.

Tonight I will try just switching onto the cdma/lte and see the effects. Tomorrow I will kick background data back in.

I probably should try to see why I cant deep sleep before I do any of these additional experiments.
I also have Set CPU set for set to "ondemand" state.

sjd2246

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have 33% left after 11 hours of moderate use. Pretty happy with that, been on CDMA and wifi not LTE though, and keep my screen brightness at less than 50%. On the power bar widget I turn off GPS too.

Always keeps an extra battery with me, and have a car charger and charger at work.

Over night while I'm asleep the phone sleeps and connected to wifi I lose about 5% charge per hour. That is a little disappointing. Going to do a full drain then charge and see if that improves the overnight drain. Any suggestions to help with that?

But if I get 10 or more hours per charge with moderate use I'm happy. When you put the phone through the paces it definitely uses the battery but I expected that.

jefmoody

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It came with a charger - I use that at home.
I bought a car charger and I put a usb on my work PC... I have no battery issues, problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell