How can I adjust my screen time?

A

AC Question

screen time out does not allow to adust time

i have a galaxy s4..lollipop version under "settings", "my device", "display", "screen timeout" it does not give me any options to adjust time for display. it just says "maximum". my screen does not stay on for ANY length of time constantly goes off. was having this problem before update..have installed an app that permanently keeps my screen on and this has given me a "work around" to the problem, but does anyone know how i can fix this to the way it should be working? thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: screen time out does not allow to adust time

Welcome to Android Central! Before you installed that app, how long was the screen staying on before it timed out? Do you have any power-saving options turned on?

rebe78

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: screen time out does not allow to adust time

the screen only stays on for approx. 2 seconds. i do have the power saving option turned on (factory provided). but again this problem developed more than a year ago and thru these forums have tried multiple suggestions..just thought with this major release of the lollipop version which has totally changed appearance and functionality of phone, that maybe this would have corrected itself or at least now maybe corrected some other way