How can I recover text and photos off Galaxy S9 which won't turn on?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Yesterday my S9 was working fine. Turned it off and put it on the charger last night. This morning it would not power on at all. I tried different cables, different plugs, holding the power and volume, etc. Finally gave up and wen to Sprint. They thought the power port was bad. After a couple of hours they said they couldn't fix it and phone was shot. I upgraded to new phone because I can't be without mine for long.

However my contacts copied over but none of my old text messages or photos. Is there any way to recover photos and text messages from a phone that won't power up? Or any suggestions on how to get this to fire up? Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, go to photos.google.com on your computer browser to see if you happened to have Google Photos auto-backup turned on.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
OP, the phone was shot? Was it a .45 or a .357?
Their terminology doesn't lend confidence to their expertise.
What was blown out?
Depending on what and how much it's worth to you, they may be recoverable. Might involve another mobo, a hot gun and a capable tech...

loujunk

Apr 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi, welcome!

Sure if you go into settings >accounts >back up restore does it tell the date it was back up ?

Thanks for the tip! It was last backed up on April 23. I was able to recover all the texts and contacts and other items, and only lost just over a day's worth. The photos aren't in my google photos and I'm not sure why. My other old android phones have always backed up my photos to google. If you have other suggestions on the photos I'll take them. Thank you Thank you for pointing me in the right direction on how to recover the texts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe