How come I'm not getting push notifications on my new s7 edge

A

AC Question

I got a new gs7 edge and I don't receive push notifications from fb. I have all my notifications turnd on on the fb app and they are all turned on on my phone settings as well. I'm at a loss at this point I have tried everything I know to do here. Can anyone help it have similar problems?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen if you turn off all power saving modes? Also, go to Settings>Data Usage, and make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on, either universally or specifically for Facebook.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Like someone else suggested, turn off the battery optimization for any apps you want to get notifications from. Note that there are TWO places to turn battery optimization off! When I first got my phone, I only knew of the one place, but once you found out about the second one in the optimization menu, turning my e-mail apps off in there fixed not getting my push notifications. (I don't have notifications turned on for Facebook.)

fatchevy

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone found a solution. I've had my S7 Edge for about 4 months and still no push notifications from Facebook. My gf has the same issue on her s7 edge.

Zeinab Azadbakht

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I found the solution :) you just have to turn on the Sync button from the setting menu. My all other setting are on, but this was off, and I wouldn't get any email notification. I do now :)
photo_2017-02-24_08-38-55.jpg

Hope it helps.
Zeinab

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky