How do I add apps on the status bar of the Samsung Galaxy S22?

DotLGphn

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new phone, A Samsung Galaxy as mentioned in my question above, and I'm still learning how to use it. I am making progress, but can't find any answers on how to add specific apps to stay in the Status bar like on my old phone. Of course I know that I can't make my home screen look EXACTLY like the old phone, but hopefully, I can get it close (maybe). Anyway, I'm in the T-Mobile network and it's a 5G phone. So, IF there's a way to do that, hopefully someone can tell me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the Favorites tray (i.e., the bottom-most row of app shortcuts that stays the same as you swipe from homescreen to homescreen)?

DotLGphn

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
How do I get apps to show up in my status bar?

I just got a new phone, A Samsung Galaxy as mentioned in my question above, and I'm still learning how to use it. I am making progress, but can't find any answers on how to add specific apps to stay in the Status bar like on my old phone. Of course I know that I can't make my home screen look EXACTLY like the old phone, but hopefully, I can get it close (maybe). Anyway, I'm in the T-Mobile network and it's a 5G phone. So, IF there's a way to do that, hopefully someone can tell me.

Here's a photo of the top (status bar) of my old LG phone:
2022 DEC 14_STATUS BAR ILLSTRN LG PHN.png

Here's a photo of the top (status bar) of my new Galaxy phone:
2022 DEC 14_TMP WALLPAPER-ILLUSTRN.png

Is there a way to add an app or two in the status bar of my new phone?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The status bar isn't for placing apps -- it's to let you know of any notifications from apps (or from the system).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay, thanks! Maybe I should rephrase the question: How do I get notifications from apps to appear in the status bar?

Are you saying that your apps aren't giving you notifications? There isn't much room in the status bar itself, so if you have more than a couple of notifications, you'll see an overflow icon (a small dot) meaning that you have more notifications than the bar can show you. So in that case, you have to swipe down the notification panel to see all of your notifications.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, thanks! Maybe I should rephrase the question: How do I get notifications from apps to appear in the status bar?
For a permanent display, It depends on the app. Most apps don't have permanent status bar icons. It's usually only for a new notification like a new e-mail or breaking news from a news app. But some might show something permanent. Weather apps can show the local temperature up there. Usually it'll be apps that let you know they are running/active for some ongoing purpose. When the Smartphone Link app connects to the Garmin in my car, it shows an icon in the stars bar. But it's not there when disconnected.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos