how do I delete or remove or turn off emojis on the messaging apps?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

how do I delete or remove or turn off emojis on the Android messaging apps? For those of us who use our phones for business, these childish items are an annoyance and a waste of time.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
What Messaging Apps specifically are you referring to?

Check in the settings of each one of the Messaging Apps in question, would be my suggestion. Normally, there is some ability to turn off things like stickers or goofy extra emojis, etc...

Also, perhaps use/install as few of them as possible and stick only to using a couple of core ones that are more about communicating and less about all of the social media gimmicks and stuff, etc....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think you can completely turn off the ability to show emojis in a message, but you can turn off options to show the emoji button in your keyboard app. If you're using Gboard, go to its settings, then Emojis, Sticks, & GIFs, and turn off the appropriate toggles there.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html