How do I disable "moisture detected!" popup and resume usb charging?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Android Central Question

Lately, I have been getting an error message when i attempt to charge my phone with a usb cable: "Moisture has been detected. Unplug the charger and wait until both the charger and usb port are dry." Assume as an absolute fact that there is no moisture anywhere in either place. Whatever sensor it uses is broken.

What I need is an app, or a set of steps to take to disable this notification, so that i can resume normal use of the USB port without the annoying interruption.

Please understand that i have the ability to search the internet, and the following advice is not what i am looking for and is otherwise unwelcome:

-- Drying tips. Yes, I've put it in rice. Yes, I've used duster and blown in it. Yes, I've used a cotton swab. Yes, I've put a pin in to try and dislodge debris. Yes, I've used a hair dryer. Yes, I've used a vacuum cleaner.

--Reboot it! Yes, I've booted in safe mode. Rebooted it. Plugged it and unplugged it with every possible procedure to try and trick the thing.

--Wireless charger! I want to use the USB port to charge and otherwise use the phone as normal.

--Wait around! I've waited around long enough. There's absolutely, positively, for sure no moisture. I need to continue using the phone as normal.

--Call Samsung/ATT! I don't want to pay for a new phone, I want to use this one.

--Other unsolicited warnings, care advice, or other such nonsense. I wouldn't be posting asking for this sort of brute force last resort if I had the capacity to care in the slightest for such nonsense.

What I DO WANT: an app recommendation, or a set of procedures, that will result in the disabling of this feature such that I can resume uninterrupted, normal use of the USB charging port.

Thanks for the help!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't have to be moisture or debris. It could be residue that stuck on the panels inside. A cotton swab or stick or whatever won't remove that. You got to dissolve them in water again.

Basically did the end of your phone with the charging port in distilled water. This is important. Distilled water. Not tap, not mineral, not whatever kind. Distilled means all impurities in water that is technologically possible to remove has been removed. The extremely small amount of residue left should dissolve in that after a little while.

Then dry thoroughly, like lock it in a box with silica gel.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Lately, I have been getting an error message when i attempt to charge my phone with a usb cable: "Moisture has been detected. Unplug the charger and wait until both the charger and usb port are dry." Assume as an absolute fact that there is no moisture anywhere in either place. Whatever sensor it uses is broken.

What I need is an app, or a set of steps to take to disable this notification, so that i can resume normal use of the USB port without the annoying interruption.

Please understand that i have the ability to search the internet, and the following advice is not what i am looking for and is otherwise unwelcome:

-- Drying tips. Yes, I've put it in rice. Yes, I've used duster and blown in it. Yes, I've used a cotton swab. Yes, I've put a pin in to try and dislodge debris. Yes, I've used a hair dryer. Yes, I've used a vacuum cleaner.

--Reboot it! Yes, I've booted in safe mode. Rebooted it. Plugged it and unplugged it with every possible procedure to try and trick the thing.

--Wireless charger! I want to use the USB port to charge and otherwise use the phone as normal.

--Wait around! I've waited around long enough. There's absolutely, positively, for sure no moisture. I need to continue using the phone as normal.

--Call Samsung/ATT! I don't want to pay for a new phone, I want to use this one.

--Other unsolicited warnings, care advice, or other such nonsense. I wouldn't be posting asking for this sort of brute force last resort if I had the capacity to care in the slightest for such nonsense.

What I DO WANT: an app recommendation, or a set of procedures, that will result in the disabling of this feature such that I can resume uninterrupted, normal use of the USB charging port.

Thanks for the help!
My Note 9 had that pop up but also wasn't charging only wireless, I had to download the firmware again probably something got corrupted USB driver or something, but that was the fix on mine.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if whatever triggered that warning was a glitch that no longer exists. Look in your app manager for one referencing "USB" in its name (I don't remember the exact name offhand). Try deleting that app's data, then reboot the phone and see if you can plug in ok again.

UserName7734

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
As I said in the original ask, I DID google this problem extensively. I have done the thing. I have done the thing again, and again, and again. Whatever thing you're suggesting, I have done it. Please keep any further responses related specifically to the thing I have specifically asked for -- an app, or set of instructions, that will disable the unwanted feature that is preventing charging.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: How do I disable "moisture detected!" popup and resume usb charging?

As I said in the original ask, I DID google this problem extensively. I have done the thing. I have done the thing again, and again, and again. Whatever thing you're suggesting, I have done it. Please keep any further responses related specifically to the thing I have specifically asked for -- an app, or set of instructions, that will disable the unwanted feature that is preventing charging.
If your close to a Best buy with the experience center in it , have them flash your firmware again. Like Mike said no settings or apps will help this .
Edit: it will be hard because they have to get it when it works at the moment and then flash.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I disable "moisture detected!" popup and resume usb charging?

If your close to a Best buy with the experience center in it , have them flash your firmware again. Like Mike said no settings or apps will help this .
Edit: it will be hard because they have to get it when it works at the moment and then flash.
If it's a hardware issue even reflashing won't help. For a hardware issue the only thing that might get around it is to root and ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63