How do I get Google Assistant on my Samsung Galaxy Active 2 smartwatch?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just got a active 2 smartwatch and need to access google drive and all things google. How can this be done?

grekgodes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
I am registered and have downloaded the galaxy wearables to my phone. The phone and the watch communicate very well. Instead of Bixby I would like google assist and have access to all things google. Particularly drive were my work notes are stored. I want to bring up drive look in my folder bring up the document and scroll on my active 2 smartwatch.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am registered and have downloaded the galaxy wearables to my phone. The phone and the watch communicate very well. Instead of Bixby I would like google assist and have access to all things google. Particularly drive were my work notes are stored. I want to bring up drive look in my folder bring up the document and scroll on my active 2 smartwatch.
That's not native, so you'll have to do it, yourself.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

not going to get all things google. different operating systems. best you can do is to check the galaxy app store and see what is available.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not out of the question. It's just not simple.

I just got my Active2. I added Google Assistant to it. Really quite easy when you follow the steps. It took me less than ten minutes. My only wish is you didn't have to push a button to start it, but... I like the Active2 my next phone from my Pixel 3 will be Samsung.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Active2. I added Google Assistant to it. Really quite easy when you follow the steps. It took me less than ten minutes. My only wish is you didn't have to push a button to start it, but... I like the Active2 my next phone from my Pixel 3 will be Samsung.
Thanks for the tip!
I haven't done it, so I really don't know. My comment was more of, 'it's not just an app that is downloaded from the store'.
I've gone back and forth on whether or not to install this on my watches.
I've only tried S-Voice a couple times, on a watch and it's failed.

ETA, I just looked at this again. It is almost as easy as just downloading an app. No love for my Gear Sport, though, due to no speaker onboard.
First generate the secrets.json file using tutorial below:
Video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfunEUzzFVU&feature=youtu.be
Put it in a folder on your phone. Folder name does not matter. You need to browse to it later when setting up phone app.

Install GAssist.Net app from Galaxy Store. Open Galaxy store and search for Gassist under the apps tab.
Or, got to this link on your phone. https://galaxystore.samsung.com/geardetail/com.cybernetic87.GAssist.Tizen.Wearable

After watch app is installed. Open it. Give it permissions. Watch will say "Companion app is not installed. Check your phone".
The phone will light up and the Google Play Store will open to the Gassist companion app install page. Click install. Click open. Give it permissions and follow the authentication instructions.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an old thread just got my Active 2 but would like to try Google Assistant how well does it work. I know someone said you have to press a button but I may want to try it.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I did the install and it works and then I realized I have so many Google Home's in my house it didn't matter. I can see it being of use if you had the LTE version and wanted to use it remotely.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old thread just got my Active 2 but would like to try Google Assistant how well does it work. I know someone said you have to press a button but I may want to try it.

It works, but it's extremely clunky. In a pinch it will do, but it was never something i used consistently. I wish there was a raise to talk to assistant like the Apple watch has with Siri

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReaperAU