How do I get my stolen hacked files back?

Mollie Newsome

Dec 17, 2021
Visit site
My account had been hacked and all my files from 2019 have been taken. It's been a while now but can I get them back? I recently found a whole block of files on my phone, a supposedly new phone that belong to someone else and I cannot open them and the Play store has no app that can open them. Why are there files on a new phone that I didn't put there and how can I find out where they're from?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, which account are you talking about, and what evidence do you have that you were hacked?

Which files are you referring to -- Google Drive? OneDrive? Something else?

You said your phone is "a supposedly new phone that belong to someone else" -- so it's new to you, but was owned by someone else before? That makes it not a new phone.

What files on your phone can you not open? Are they system files? It's not advisable to search through system files if you don't know what they're for -- it'll just cause needless anxiety, since you'll just question each and every file or folder you don't understand. After all, you wouldn't do this on a Windows PC, which has hundreds of thousands of system files, would you?

In the meantime, review these:

“I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh, people will 100% dig through (and delete) system files and registry entries from Windows installs. A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I'm so glad that the majority of Android users can not gain Root access.

Also I think they may have meant that it's a new phone and the files were put there by someone else, but they missed a comma.

OP, if you lost files in 2019 and they weren't backed up, they're gone. Forever.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
You can learn, have some fun, fix some things, and even catch some bugs with regedit if you use common sense and take your time :p Although for the majority of casual users it's definitely not a place they need to go lol.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can learn, have some fun, fix some things, and even catch some bugs with regedit if you use common sense and take your time :p Although for the majority of casual users it's definitely not a place they need to go lol.

Yeah you can do some very useful things with Regedit if you know what you're doing. But too many people think they know what they're doing and actually have no idea. Common sense isn't all that common.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali