How do I move apps to sd card in LG K10?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Using an option "move to sd card" from settings doesn't do anything, the app's data, which is the biggest part, stays in internal storage. I have a marshmallow so I should be able to merge sd card with internal storage, but there's no such option, tried to solve the problem with abd commands but that doesn't do either, the command does not work and program doesn't even find my phone. What do do? I bought better sd card which was kinda expensive just to make some space in internal storage and now I'm frustrated I wasted money. Help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
LG doesn't use SD cards as internal storage, because it's a bad idea (it eats cards fast).

And if the app is written to store its data to internal storage, that's where it goes, unless you disassemble the app and modify it.

SD cards are for files, not apps or app data. They're "write infrequently, read often" devices. running an app on them, or letting an app store data to them, which does a lot of writing, is a bad idea (which is one reason neither LG nor Samsung implemented "internal SD card storage"). In mid-2018, a 32GB phone is about the smallest practical phone, and if you have apps that do a lot of data storing, a 128GB phone would be a better choice. $150 phones just don't cut it any more.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000