How do i re-add the Google Play Store icon to my Home Screen ?

glennhowardsecure

Jan 16, 2019
Visit site
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J3.

Software version - J320PVPU1APH2
Hardware version - J320P02
Device name - Galaxy J3 (2016)
Model number - SM-J320P
Android version - 5.1.1
Android security patch level - 2016-08-01
Build number - LMY47X.J320PVPU1APH2

When I press what I suppose to be my app drawer (square with nine dots, three across and three down), I get an array of icons appearing on what I suppose to be my home screen. If I press the A-Z, their alphabetical order is updated. Pressing any of these icons launches the app whose name appears beneath the icon. I suppose these icons to be shortcuts.

My Google Play Store shortcut no longer appears among the others. I suppose I accidentally removed it in some way. When I press my Settings shortcut and then press Applications and then press Application Manager I get a list of application icons, including those for Google Play Store, Google Play Services and Google Play Services for Instant..,
each of which, when I press it, shows either an Uninstall or Disable button, which I suppose means they are all installed. I have been able to use the Play Store by navigating to it on the web, from my phone. But I would like to be able to launch the app from my phone, as I do with other installed apps. Thank you in advance for your attention.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have any folders in the App Drawer? If so, look in the Google folder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter