How Do I Remove Lock Screen

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
At work, we were having some problems with our new server which affected receiving email on my phone. Somehow while making changes on my phone with my work email, I enabled a screen lock with a password. Now when my phone sits idle for a little while and I activate it, I have to unlock the screen with a password. Under the Security field only "Screen unlock pattern shows." When I tap it, nothing happens. The next field is "Change Passwords." That only gives me the option to change the password. I don't want any screen lock on my phone. How do I remove it?

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
At work, we were having some problems with our new server which affected receiving email on my phone. Somehow while making changes on my phone with my work email, I enabled a screen lock with a password. Now when my phone sits idle for a little while and I activate it, I have to unlock the screen with a password. Under the Security field only "Screen unlock pattern shows." When I tap it, nothing happens. The next field is "Change Passwords." That only gives me the option to change the password. I don't want any screen lock on my phone. How do I remove it?

sounds like your work password protects your email, mine does the same thing. when i setup my email to connect to my exchange server it sets up password protection. So now i have to enter a password everytime i unlock my phone.

westie3130

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
unlock screen

I tried nolock, but it doesn't give you the option of switching and using password if you would like. Any free apps that do that for EVO? Thanks.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
We are still having issues with our work server, so I deleted my work email account from my EVO. That actually automatically removed the password screen lock from my phone, and now my phone functions like normal. I don't mind having to enter an additional security password to access my work email, but that security function should not override the phone's main security function. It was a big pain in the b*#t to enter a password every time I used the slide lock to access my phone period. Android needs to make changes how security protocol for exchange email works on the EVO. I will eventually have to add work email back to my phone and am not looking forward to the security password scenario again. There has to be a way around that.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yep, it's a pain, but it's deliberate, and many companies won't let you access email on a phone that doesn't work that way. Once your email is stored on the phone, it's not just the email app that can access it. Hook it up to a PC in disk mode, or install a file manager on the device, and your email data is readily accessible. The only way to really secure it would be to encrypt the files (maybe someday) or lock the entire device.

When you use your PC at work you need a password to access the computer, not just email and the network, right? Same thing here.

mandabrey

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
This was exactly my issue as well. I think I will just delete the email application as I do not rely on it. I can just as easily check my email from my computer. Thanks for the info!! It was a big help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582