How do I update D2 Internet tablet?

jeronimo22

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
How to update D2 Internet tablet

I recently bought a D2 712 Internet tab I tried to launch the Facebook app and received the error the version of android is no longer supported. Please upgrade your device and try again. I'm not sure howto upgrade which I assume means update. Can anyone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to update D2 Internet tablet

Welcome to Android Central! What version of Android is the tablet running? Go to Settings>About Tablet>Android Version to find out.

I doubt there are any official system updates available, since your tablet is very much a budget off-brand device. But you can check by going to Settings>About Tablet>System Updates.

Does the tablet come with Google Play Store installed? If so, open it, and search for Facebook. Is there an Update button there?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If there's no Google Play (or Play Store), there's just about no chance of ever getting an upgrade file for that device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

No Google Play means the tablet isn't certified for Google Play Store. So not only will it not get much support from the manufacturer, it will also get essentially zero support from Google. Sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novatian