How do you clean your phone?

Klinton Kacatin

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I have always used microfiber and spray wax to clean EVERYTHING. What ever is good for a car is good for my phone. Everything is always clear and somewhat protected. I use my iPhone camera for work and it keeps images nice and clean.

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Lens cleaners that they sell for glasses. With a microfibre cloth. Then hand sanitizer. Then some cotton on a pin to clean the speaker grilles.

Posted via the Android Central App

token44

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Go to Sunglass Hut in the mall. You can get a spray bottle of lens cleaner that's safe for coated glass surfaces, and a microfibre cloth in a small plastic case for ten bucks. They will refill the cleaner in any store for free, and replace the microfibre cloth if it gets damaged or torn.

Frank Bostick

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm lucky enough to have access to "tex-wipes". These are IPA/di water cleaning wipes used in the semi-con and pharmaceutical industries. They are a little wet so I use a micro fiber rag (clean and preferably new) to polish and dry the device and screen before the solution dries.
I use this method on everything with a screen around the house. Awesome on flat screen tvs! Also works great on stainless steel appliances!

Hassan272

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Gee, a lot of you guys are pretty sophisticated when it comes to cleaning phones :p
Clean freak here tbh, I use a little water and a microfiber cloth to wipe the screen every time I see a fingerprint or smudge, like 3-4 times a day... I rub off my fingertips everytime before using the phone too, always keeping my GS6 spotless👌

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I use these screen wipes we have at work made for glasses and cell phone screens and since I have glass screen protector on my 6P I'm not worried about the coating. I also use the alcohol wipe every now and then on the body since its metal and the alcohol evaporates.

Then I use soap and water on my Spigen case to get the oils etc off. Some canned air to keep the dust at bay also.

Alcohol normally is fine as long as there isn't a coating or something. PC modders like myself use it all the time to clean off GPUs and CPUs before applying new TIM. Cleans well and evaporates leaving a clean surface.

mhtsang

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I am using the exact same thing from sunglasses hut. It is mild cleaning solution like you described, and I just get free refill every time I run out of it. Great product, does the job well! Highly recommended

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 6 is one of the hardest phones to clean. The dual front facing speakers tend to collect alot of dust and I usually try using cotton swabs to clean it. But its more like a hit and miss lol.

Remove the plastic piece covering the speakers. Then you'll be able to clean out all the dust with a q-tip.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Damp cloth. And compressed air (very, very, gently). No cleaners. I was my cases in the sink with dish soap.

Little Squirt

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
For the screen only I just use a soft microfiber cloth and rub gently or a bit firmer for harder smudges. Works for me!

Slipurson

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I usually just wet my hands after I wash them and wipe the screen with that and then dry it of with a dry towel. works great. Just a little water, I am not drowning the phone :)

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hand sanitizing wipes work great. Just wipe down with a microfiber cloth before it dries or it leaves a residue. Shiny and germ free when you're done.

Been doing this for years, no problems and at least the phone feels clean for a while.

Attachments

• 5042809370.jpg
    5042809370.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 102

joestyer

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Just for fun. But a portable car wash device in your home could work. Lol

Attachments

• 12715.jpg
    12715.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 29

hairball45

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I use the highest strength isopropyl alcohol that I can find. It does well on my phones and other electronic devices. On my last job before I hung up my spurs we used it to clean high reliability electronics in critical defense equipment. I figured if it was good enough for ICBMs, it would probably work ok on the outside of a cell phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582